*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK 7 Dual Battery, Hook up for extra 12v outlets

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

MK 7 Dual Battery, Hook up for extra 12v outlets

Postby jacksonator » Thu Mar 07, 2024 8:21 pm

Good evening everyone,

I have tried to search the forum but most come back about camper conversions, solar panels etc..

Anyway my MK7 transit has twin batteries I want to know if and which battery I can hook up a Live and Earth to so I can run another 3 x 12v outlets (They are going to run 2 x 12v fans and a mobicool 12v fridge) only when driving I don't want them on when stationary or overnight etc. just for when I'm driving across France and Spain.

Thank you :)
jacksonator
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: MK 7 Dual Battery, Hook up for extra 12v outlets

Postby knobby1 » Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:15 pm

jacksonator wrote:Good evening everyone,

I have tried to search the forum but most come back about camper conversions, solar panels etc..

Anyway my MK7 transit has twin batteries I want to know if and which battery I can hook up a Live and Earth to so I can run another 3 x 12v outlets (They are going to run 2 x 12v fans and a mobicool 12v fridge) only when driving I don't want them on when stationary or overnight etc. just for when I'm driving across France and Spain.

Thank you :)

There are 3 x 60amp fused "customer connection points" on the rear of the battery box you could use. If using your accessories whislt the engine is running it won't matter which battery they're connected to if you wish to go that route. Just make sure your alternator is up to snuff and can handle the extra load, or get a heavier capacity alternator fitted.

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Technical Problems & Questions