Hi, my van has been at the garage for a month..2.4 duratorq 2004
Cutting a long story short, after trying to find the root of electrical issue, testing everything ( ecu checked and OK), they are telling me the issue is with the pump.
Current getting to pump, but not when key turned to crank.
I have read many other threads on here talking about getting the edc repaired ( online places will do it for £50.
The garage is saying they want to get a virginised pump and replace the whole thing. This will cost about £300.
Garage also saying getting the edc off is difficult because of access.
I'm thinking, then take the whole pump off and then take the edc off to send off and see if it can be repaired for £50 rather than get a whole new pump.
So what I would greatly appreciate some advice/knowledge on is...does that seem possible that it is the edc rather than the actual pump? (Problem arose out of an electrical issue rather than apparent mechanical )
Secondly is it possible to get the edc off separately ,or better to take the whole pump off ?I'm not sure why the garage is reluctant to follow my suggestion of the edc repair.
Thirdly if edc is repaired, does it have to be reprogrammed to the van/ pump again ?
Many thanks, I'd love to get my van back on the road so I can finally have some sort of summer
Dave


