*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


White smoke at low speeds

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

White smoke at low speeds

Postby IainJ » Sat Jul 27, 2024 9:03 pm

I have a 2013 2.2 RWD transit. Had a fair bit of work done. New turbo, new catalytic converter, a few oil leaks fixed. Starts up is fine but I can drive for 10-15 mins then starts smoking at low speeds ( accelerating from junctions etc) it only lasts a minute or less then disappears. I can drive up hills no smoke. Once I’ve got it up to a good speed, higher revs it disappears. nothing when I’m on the motorway. It will randomly comeback driving again at slower speeds and again disappears. I do have a obd scanner, is there anything I can look for? Thanks for any advice
IainJ
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:52 pm

Re: White smoke at low speeds

Postby knobby1 » Sun Jul 28, 2024 8:28 pm

IainJ wrote:I have a 2013 2.2 RWD transit. Had a fair bit of work done. New turbo, new catalytic converter, a few oil leaks fixed. Starts up is fine but I can drive for 10-15 mins then starts smoking at low speeds ( accelerating from junctions etc) it only lasts a minute or less then disappears. I can drive up hills no smoke. Once I’ve got it up to a good speed, higher revs it disappears. nothing when I’m on the motorway. It will randomly comeback driving again at slower speeds and again disappears. I do have a obd scanner, is there anything I can look for? Thanks for any advice


Why was the CAT replaced..?? Or do you mean the DPF..?? The CAT's never play up. Are you sure it's not just doing a regen causing the smoke..??

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof..."Full Poverty Spec".

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
User avatar
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 18730
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:36 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: White smoke at low speeds

Postby IainJ » Mon Jul 29, 2024 1:22 pm

Was the CAT. The flexi pipe had a hole was easier to just replace the cat. Further investigation is found a fair bit of out around the intake manifold, this all started when I had work done on the glow plugs. I’m now thinking the gaskets on the intake may need changed.
IainJ
Newbie
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2024 8:52 pm


Return to Technical Problems & Questions



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.