*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

fault codes help

Use this forum to post technical questions & problems about any Transit

Moderator: Luke

fault codes help

Postby newbie » Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:51 pm

Hi all hope you can help

2004 135 tdci tranny with a fault code P0200 injector circuit fault
pulled the injector plugs and tested voltage cylinder 1 was giving out 5.4v with ignition on cylinder 2 was only giving out 1.7v and cylinder 3 and 4 was 5.4v, checked the wiring harness back to the main plug and had continuity from the injector plug to the main plug on both cables so put it down to a faulty injector got hold of a new 1 today and fitted but still got the same problem anyone able to help

cheers paul
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: fault codes help

Postby NL47 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:01 pm

Did the ussue ever get resolved?
NL47

Postby loot » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:08 pm

This post was 7 years ago, he probably set fire to the van and went off to the Alps to live with a descendant of Heidi and no cars.
:P

The 135ps tdci is known for filling with swarf and clogging up which ruins the injectors.
There will be a specific resistance I'm sure that can be measured at the connectors, the mk7 are 70 ohms i believe, not sure about the delphi but as a rule you can compare the 4 and find the mean.

Also you will be better using a noid tester as it may be likely that the injector circuit won't operate if it sees an open circuit. Not sure though.

Most likely on these is injectors and requires a fuel system flush too.
Possibly of fuel pump causing swarf.

I've never worked on 1 though so it might need a second opinion.

Start at the cheap basics and work your way through.
:-)
56 350 2.2 130ps mk7 with 2 side doors 8)
65 290 2.2 125ps custom with 2 side doors 8)
07 350 170ps
Ids v86 licence + v86.04 update + xprog here
Ids map here
loot
Site Moderator

Postby wojciech » Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:44 pm

loot wrote:
The 135ps tdci is known for filling with swarf and clogging up which ruins the injectors.
There will be a specific resistance I'm sure that can be measured at the connectors, the mk7 are 70 ohms i believe, not sure about the delphi

With error P0200 in Delphi system first check resistance between injector coil and ground - his value should be infinite. Next - if you have adequate multimeter - check coil resistance, it should be about 0.3 ohm (it is electromagnetic injector).
Measurement of voltage does not help, injector circuit works on strong current impuls, in pik up to 20A.
Error P0200 it is not swarf problem.

Very important: check battery voltage and his connection to ground.
wojciech
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Technical Problems & Questions