*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Single fixed passenger seat 1994(ish)

Advertise any transit parts you have here free to other members!!

Moderator: Luke

Single fixed passenger seat 1994(ish)

Postby zephyr » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:03 pm

I had this as the front single passenger seat in my 1994 tourneo style minibus for a while. There were holes in the right place on the floor so no need for drilling or plating. I think it was origianlly from the rear of a similar aged bus

I've now replaced it with a MK5 driver seat with arms to keep the missus happy.

In the standard blue/grey denim type cloth with a grey vinyl headrest. Its dirty and worn but servicable and should do someone a turn.

Note, this is the integral frame-seat type so no slide or recline. It just bolts straight to the floor.

Too big to post so will need to be collected from Southampton area or I may be able to deliver if local and I find the time.
Transit...... The first and best MPV
zephyr
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Single fixed passenger seat 1994(ish)

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:26 pm

Hi Mate

Did you use my old drivers seat in the end? And was the bluey fabric over the standard velour fabric or was it the only fabric? Did the mk5 drivers seat runners bolt straight up in your van when you fitted this seat?

If no one else wants it I will take it - but put me last on the list
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby zephyr » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:55 am

Hi Matt!

I haven't used the seat I got from you yet. It is stripped and in the 'must get round to pile' . I've cobbled something together from various bits and pieces of MK5 seats I got from the scrappy to make a tilt and slide passenger seat so the wife is happy, just got to get round to doing the same for my side of the van.

The MK5 passenger seat I made from bits and pieces for the passenger side bolted straight down with no mods. I don't know if I'm just lucky with this van but there where a lot of blanked off holes in the floor for mounting various passenger seats. All I had to do was whip out the platic blanks, run a tap through then bolt the seat down and he-presto. All the plates and captive nuts were already under there.

The single seat I'm getting shot of is just a standard fixed frame bluey-grey thing no velour there.

I've got quite a pile of seat parts now and apparently the back seat of the wife's astra is NOT the place to store them. :? .....so I'm getting rid of the stuff I no longer need.

You're more than welcome to the old single seat, just let me know when and we can sort out collection/delivery.
zephyr
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby MinorMatt » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:59 pm

I was just wondering if the bluey fabric was over or instead of the standard fabric so I know when I get round to recovering my double :)

If no one else gets back to you before you really want to get rid let me know
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby zephyr » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:02 am

Ah, I see.....

It is instead of the standard fabric.

It a lot of hassle stripping and recovering seats, there are a lot of hog rings holding the fabric over and into the foam pads. That said I'm tempted to have a go at completely refurbing my seats, using the original covers and foam as templates.

If you want a quick fix for your double and the original foam/fabric is in reasonble order, I would suggest getting or making some over covers and leaving all the original stuff in place.

Things you'll need if you want to do a proper strip down job:

- Decent cutters, needle and bull nose pliers
- A strong sewing machine
- High quality scissors
- Heavy duty soldering iron and a drill to fix all the cracks you find in the seat frame sheet metal
- A big box of plasters to cover all the hog ring wounds you'll get in your fingers :D
zephyr
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Free to good home!!