*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Very helpful - Replacement spring suppliers...

Use this section to give feedback to rate suppliers!

Moderator: Luke

Very helpful - Replacement spring suppliers...

Postby J.R.Solutions_82 » Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:26 pm

Thank you! GB Springs! www.gbsprings.co.uk
These guys were happy to help me out - after 3-4 hours of net searching and phone calls are the ones to call! I needed a new bush for the leaf spring fitted to my county and after trying a part as listed in the local motor factors for a standard van and finding out that it was wrong (too big) I tried Ford dealer who could not even look for parts for a van of my vintage, and did not have any bushes on the shelf or access to any information giving dimensions of bushes available, I was about ready to start losing my mind, especially as there are so many companys who advertise being able to custom make and supply leaf springs yet when I phoned them up they just said that they definatley were would not be able to match a bush from dimensions alone (boo to that company you know who you are - a waste of time and advertising). Anyways I came across GB Springs and BINGO a professional fast and freindly bunch of guys who took the details that I had to give and phoned me back in short time and had all the information I needed, including the part no. that I could give to Ford and order my new bush that'll arrive tomorrow morning! Just from this one experience I know where I will be spending my money when it comes time for replacement springs. Check out the web site and be ready to be impressed! 8)
J.R.Solutions_82
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Very helpful - Replacement spring suppliers...

Postby Kedishen » Wed Jan 23, 2013 12:35 am

Gotta admit the steam train is w nice touch. Ain't that the one from top gear?
Livin' in me van in Portugal.

'93 Mk4 TD 150L Hitop Custom Camper
100ps Epic blue spot
Kedishen
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby MinorMatt » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 am

Tornado? That was the one that was used on Top Gear and was recently built...

I think the one on the website is an A1, but not tornado (puictured above). The clue is also that there appears to be 2 words on the name plate ;)
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby J.R.Solutions_82 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:51 pm

Good eye's Matt good eye's...
J.R.Solutions_82
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby J.R.Solutions_82 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:41 pm

[quote="J.R.Solutions_82"]Thank you! GB Springs! http://www.gbsprings.co.uk
These guys were happy to help me out - after 3-4 hours of net searching and phone calls are the ones to call! I needed a new bush for the leaf spring fitted to my county and after trying a part as listed in the local motor factors for a standard van and finding out that it was wrong (too big) I tried Ford dealer who could not even look for parts for a van of my vintage, and did not have any bushes on the shelf or access to any information giving dimensions of bushes available, I was about ready to start losing my mind, especially as there are so many companys who advertise being able to custom make and supply leaf springs yet when I phoned them up they just said that they definatley were would not be able to match a bush from dimensions alone (boo to that company you know who you are - a waste of time and advertising). Anyways I came across GB Springs and BINGO a professional fast and freindly bunch of guys who took the details that I had to give and phoned me back in short time and had all the information I needed, including the part no. that I could give to Ford and order my new bush that'll arrive tomorrow morning! Just from this one experience I know where I will be spending my money when it comes time for replacement springs. Check out the web site and be ready to be impressed! 8)[/quote]
And here is a pic of the bush from ford to fit the front leaf spring , the forward bush.
[IMG]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj541/JRSolutions_82/IMAG0278_zps96319168.jpg[/IMG]
J.R.Solutions_82
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby J.R.Solutions_82 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:42 pm

Image here it is??
J.R.Solutions_82
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby J.R.Solutions_82 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:44 pm

[quote="J.R.Solutions_82"][IMG]http://i1267.photobucket.com/albums/jj541/JRSolutions_82/IMAG0278_zps96319168.jpg[/IMG] here it is??[/quote]
ok not sure why the picture is not coming up anymore....
J.R.Solutions_82
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Eugene Speed » Thu May 30, 2013 3:02 pm

So this is a Mk2 front spring front bush, for 100L, 13-190 up to 1985. 18mm ID, 38mm OD. I wonder then if the Mk3 County actually uses the heavy duty Mk2 front springs, more digging required!
Eugene Speed
MK3 Massive

Postby Eugene Speed » Thu May 30, 2013 3:04 pm

[quote="J.R.Solutions_82"]Thank you! GB Springs! http://www.gbsprings.co.uk
These guys were happy to help me out - after 3-4 hours of net searching and phone calls are the ones to call! I needed a new bush for the leaf spring fitted to my county and after trying a part as listed in the local motor factors for a standard van and finding out that it was wrong (too big) I tried Ford dealer who could not even look for parts for a van of my vintage, and did not have any bushes on the shelf or access to any information giving dimensions of bushes available, I was about ready to start losing my mind, especially as there are so many companys who advertise being able to custom make and supply leaf springs yet when I phoned them up they just said that they definatley were would not be able to match a bush from dimensions alone (boo to that company you know who you are - a waste of time and advertising). Anyways I came across GB Springs and BINGO a professional fast and freindly bunch of guys who took the details that I had to give and phoned me back in short time and had all the information I needed, including the part no. that I could give to Ford and order my new bush that'll arrive tomorrow morning! Just from this one experience I know where I will be spending my money when it comes time for replacement springs. Check out the web site and be ready to be impressed! 8)[/quote]

Can you confirm that this definitely fits your van? If so I will add it to the alternative parts and suppliers list. :)
Eugene Speed
MK3 Massive

Postby J.R.Solutions_82 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:55 am

Hi yes this definatley fits the front spring forward bush, I have fitted x2 sets too two different county's and they are identical to the old one's. Also the people who gave me the info(GB Springs) were also once closely tied with county tractors and they were charged with making the original springs, and although they no longer had the original specs on file they were more than happy to have a spare spring delivered to them so that they could do some testing and then be able to reverse manufacture a replacement. Unfortunately I have had no time to go any further with this.... I cannot remember the guys name but he was the general maneger for county tractors whilst the transits were being converted so if you want to get the lowdown GB Springs has got to be the best place to start!
J.R.Solutions_82
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Feedback and Supplier Listings