*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fitting a Duratorq Diesel in a Mk5 Transit

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Fitting a Duratorq Diesel in a Mk5 Transit

Postby ffsagain » Sun Dec 20, 2015 9:49 am

Awsome stuff tim,as said b4 very much appreciate you doing this and involving the forum with its development
ffsagain
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby dieselhead123 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:00 pm

Pics of the parts included in the kit.

The Adapter plate;

The spigot bearing/housing and the clutch pivot spacer;

These parts have now been sent off the the member who will continue posting progress regarding his installation.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
Sales, Service and Repair for all Commercial Vehicles
Body panels manufactured and supplied
07754 806004
http://lightcommercialservices.weebly.com/
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ffsagain » Thu Dec 24, 2015 3:48 pm

Got my adapter plate today tim, not had chance to open it as we are on our way up north for Christmas but I'm taking g it with me. Thanxs again for all your work
ffsagain
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby PapaSeventy7 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:34 pm

Hi all, I'm new to this forum so apologies if I'm dragging an old threads up but I just wonder if these kits are still available anywhere? Thanks in advance.
PapaSeventy7

Postby Luk3jay » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:58 am

Is there any update on this? I'm considering the conversion on my mk3 county...
Luk3jay
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby dieselhead123 » Tue Dec 07, 2021 9:07 pm

Luk3jay wrote:Is there any update on this? I'm considering the conversion on my mk3 county...

Hi there, we still have these kits available. The adapter plate is supplied with a spigot bearing housing and a new spigot bearing, also a clutch arm pivot spacer is included.

The kit retains the factory Di version of the Mt75 gearbox, no gearbox mounting or prop shaft to alter. Standard speedo cable and clutch cable are retained.

You would need to fabricate your own engine mountings when using this kit.

The kit is best used in conjunction with one of our mechanical pump conversions as this avoids the need to transpose the electronic management system from the Mk6 into your older model.

Tim
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby oldyellar » Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:06 am

Hi Tim what does the manual pump kit consist of? Thanks
oldyellar
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:03 pm

oldyellar wrote:Hi Tim what does the manual pump kit consist of? Thanks

Hi there, the manual injection pump kit for the Duratorq engine includes a hybrid injection pump, a throttle cable, a throttle pedal and a few bits of installation hardware.

The complete kit costs £750, this includes a £150 surcharge that can be avoided if a suitable Bosch Ve pump is supplied for re-build. The type of pump required is used on Land Rover 200/300Tdi engines.
A further discount of £30 applies if you do not need the throttle pedal, (suitable for Mk6/7 model Transits).

We also supply an EGR replacement tube, this can be bolted directly to the inlet manifold and features a fitting for connection directly to the injection pump. This part helps to remove unnecessary 'clutter', ideal for when the engine/pump assembly is being installed into an older vehicle. Pictures below shows a customer's installation of this engine/pump combination in a Mk1 Transit;

TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby oldyellar » Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:08 pm

dieselhead123 wrote:
oldyellar wrote:Hi Tim what does the manual pump kit consist of? Thanks

Hi there, the manual injection pump kit for the Duratorq engine includes a hybrid injection pump, a throttle cable, a throttle pedal and a few bits of installation hardware.

The complete kit costs £750, this includes a £150 surcharge that can be avoided if a suitable Bosch Ve pump is supplied for re-build. The type of pump required is used on Land Rover 200/300Tdi engines.
A further discount of £30 applies if you do not need the throttle pedal, (suitable for Mk6/7 model Transits).

We also supply an EGR replacement tube, this can be bolted directly to the inlet manifold and features a fitting for connection directly to the injection pump. This part helps to remove unnecessary 'clutter', ideal for when the engine/pump assembly is being installed into an older vehicle. Pictures below shows a customer's installation of this engine/pump combination in a Mk1 Transit;

TIM

Thanks Tim, I have a ldv that's rotten to the core but it's only done 10,000miles I'm.going to pull the engine out of her. Thinking of putting in a defender tbh. Possibly putting it aside incase my mk7 blows like that last one I had :evil:
oldyellar
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 11:39 am

oldyellar wrote:Thanks Tim, I have a ldv that's rotten to the core but it's only done 10,000miles I'm.going to pull the engine out of her. Thinking of putting in a defender tbh. Possibly putting it aside incase my mk7 blows like that last one I had :evil:

Worth saving the LDV engine, they all tend to be low milage, (who would want to do a lot of miles in one of them!).

Since the later Landrovers use the Mk7 type Duratorq, fitting the Mk6 engine in one should be fairly simple, as it is in a Mk7 Transit.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby oldyellar » Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:09 pm

dieselhead123 wrote:
oldyellar wrote:Thanks Tim, I have a ldv that's rotten to the core but it's only done 10,000miles I'm.going to pull the engine out of her. Thinking of putting in a defender tbh. Possibly putting it aside incase my mk7 blows like that last one I had :evil:

Worth saving the LDV engine, they all tend to be low milage, (who would want to do a lot of miles in one of them!).

Since the later Landrovers use the Mk7 type Duratorq, fitting the Mk6 engine in one should be fairly simple, as it is in a Mk7 Transit.

TIM

Does the pump you supply fit directly to the, mk6 tddi engines fuel pump to injector pipes.
Thanks
oldyellar
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby dieselhead123 » Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:01 pm

oldyellar wrote:Does the pump you supply fit directly to the, mk6 tddi engines fuel pump to injector pipes.
Thanks

Hi there, our pump bolts directly to the Mk6 engine and can be fitted in the same way as the VP pumps, without the need to remove the timing chain cover.

Injection pipes need to be those from a Vp30 Tddi, ones from a 120/125 Tddi will not fit as the connections at the pump are different.

The kit includes some small parts to help connection of the diesel lines to/from the fuel filter, (T piece to connect the leak off pipes to the fule return) and in the case of the RWD a water 'T' pipe and a blanking cap to re-route one of the pipes from the rear of the water pump as it would otherwise interfere with the throttle linkage on the pump. The use of the throttle cable supplied with the kit is advised and can easily be connected to the existing throttle pedal mechanism on your vehicle

The fittings and a short length of hose are supplied to enable the 'boost top' to be connected to the EGR replacement pipe.

TIM
LightCommercialServices
07754 806004
dieselhead123
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!