*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Wing mirror shear bolts

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Wing mirror shear bolts

Postby Welder64 » Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:10 am

So today was get to those pesky shear bolts , read all the posts on the subject on here and decided to go for open mirror surgery. As drilling a pilot hole was not working i realised if i made thin cuts to open up the area then i could plastic weld the pieces that are cut out back into place , fill and respray the mirrors, at £40 plus for new mirrors i thought it made sense. So with grinder and a 1mm cutting disc i cut 2 neat areas out and can easily drift the bolts out , 10 minutes later all done , result.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Welder64
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Wing mirror shear bolts

Postby Brettbear63 » Sat Jul 30, 2022 8:22 am

if its just a knackered mirror could you not just replace all the knacked bits with parts from a cheap replacement mirror ,? , my cheapo new L/H mirror didnt fit at all , so i just transferred the glass and backing bits to my old one .
Brettbear63
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!