*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Big Red - ply lining

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Big Red - ply lining

Postby G40GES » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:51 pm

first...IT WONT BE THE LAST TRUST ME! like damp rot, as soon as its in its looking for another victim :lol:
Im a blacksmith making furniture and fireplaces, guess what the outlaws are getting for crimbo? (and its not a smile and a bottle of single malt anyhows :wink: )
Gadge in the shed... STILLfreezing me bits off...
G40GES
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1190
Joined: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:44 pm
Location: newmarket

Re: Big Red - ply lining

Postby transit mark » Sun Nov 21, 2010 8:53 am

What size ply are you using?

Mark
2001 MK6 90PS MWB RWD
User avatar
transit mark
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:45 am
Location: Ashford, Kent

Re: Big Red - ply lining

Postby steveboy » Mon Nov 22, 2010 11:13 pm

transit mark wrote:What size ply are you using?

Mark


I used 6mm ply for the sides and 12mm for the floor and racking.

You thinking about doing it?
BIG RED TRANSIT T260 SWB SHR
Ford fiesta XR2i
Ford fiesta RS TURBO
Ford Focus 1.6 Ztech
Ford Escort est
steveboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:28 pm

Re: Big Red - ply lining

Postby transit mark » Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:53 pm

steveboy wrote:
transit mark wrote:What size ply are you using?

Mark


I used 6mm ply for the sides and 12mm for the floor and racking.

You thinking about doing it?


I started doing mine, stripped all the old out and made a nice bonfire. Got my bulkhead in today, going to start on the rest as soon as i get the time. Top job.

Mark
2001 MK6 90PS MWB RWD
User avatar
transit mark
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 999
Joined: Sat Nov 13, 2010 12:45 am
Location: Ashford, Kent

Re: Big Red - ply lining

Postby steveboy » Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:17 pm

transit mark wrote:
steveboy wrote:
transit mark wrote:What size ply are you using?

Mark


I used 6mm ply for the sides and 12mm for the floor and racking.

You thinking about doing it?


I started doing mine, stripped all the old out and made a nice bonfire. Got my bulkhead in today, going to start on the rest as soon as i get the time. Top job.

Mark


Take your time with it and you will do a good job, I took 3 days on it and made sure I got it how I wanted.

I have now also got the van sign writen :)
BIG RED TRANSIT T260 SWB SHR
Ford fiesta XR2i
Ford fiesta RS TURBO
Ford Focus 1.6 Ztech
Ford Escort est
steveboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:28 pm

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.