*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Rover's van. Not getting a new engine!

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Rover's van. Not getting a new engine!

Postby rover » Thu May 22, 2008 7:14 pm

I cant believe I've never done a progress report on my van :roll: So I'll start with what I've been doing over the last few days :lol:

I might even drag through some of my other posts and try to get it all in here......in time :lol:

This is the new rear inside of my van, I need it to be a work van 90% of the time so I couldnt build a permanent bed type thing as it needs to be full of tools, so after much deliberation, and wanting a full size bed when I do use it.....I came up with this......

The metal brackets are only there until I can get the catches I want to hold the two halves together :wink: If I cant find the right ones its only a case of four screws anyway

Image

Image

Four hinged legs on the removable part should make it easy to store......or so I thought until I realised my shed is only 8ft long on the outside :oops: :lol: I'll find somewhere for the bugger :!:

Image

And with it returned to a work van, its hinged all the way down the lid so loads of space for junk...er...I mean parts etc :lol:

Image

There's an 800w inverter in the back of the cupboard, and thats a 'Belkin Surgemaster' on the wall so it wont fry my laptop 8)

Thats it for now, more updates to come later next month :D

Rover.
Last edited by rover on Sun Aug 02, 2009 12:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby madmark » Thu May 22, 2008 7:25 pm

:shock: you have been working hard on the van mate! 8) 8) 8) 8)
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15467
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 am

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby FredTransit » Thu May 22, 2008 7:30 pm

Why not just make it hinged and leave it folded on top of the bed base in the van?
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
User avatar
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist
 
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 am
Location: London

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby rover » Thu May 22, 2008 7:39 pm

FredTransit wrote:Why not just make it hinged and leave it folded on top of the bed base in the van?


Weight :!: This aint no smelly diesel ya know :lol: Think of my poor little Pinto :mrgreen:

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby FredTransit » Thu May 22, 2008 7:43 pm

Ah fair enough, would a few bits of wood make your poor little pinto go that much slower?? I know you have tools ect, but does the wood weigh that much? When we have the bed base down in our LWB I leave the boards we put the mattress on in back on the floor, cos we don't have anywhere to put it either. Remember ours is a poor little pinto too, and less of the smelly :lol: !
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
User avatar
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist
 
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 am
Location: London

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby Ucof » Thu May 22, 2008 7:47 pm

Pinto power :)

Thats a great looking van you have.
Did you do all the internal carpeting yourself? What is it attached with?

Looks sweet though, great job!
1991 MK3 SWB Low Roof 120 2.0Ltr Pinto (not for much longer :( )

Scientists have proven that the awesomeness of a forum thread is directly proportional to the number of pictures it contains.
User avatar
Ucof
Powered by Nutella
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby madmark » Thu May 22, 2008 7:50 pm

should be able to have a few more nights away now! 8) 8) 8) 8)
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15467
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 am

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby rover » Thu May 22, 2008 8:06 pm

Ucof wrote:Pinto power :)

Thats a great looking van you have.
Did you do all the internal carpeting yourself? What is it attached with?

Looks sweet though, great job!


Thanks :D

Yes I carpeted it myself, 12 square meters in there :shock: I used the spray adhesive stuff from the carpet shop.....3 cans of the bugger :shock: Follow the instructions to the letter and it works perfect :D I did have to use contact adhesive on the legs as I'd ran out :roll:

Fred.. Its not a matter of how it will pull the weight, its a matter of fuel consuption, even if its only 1 20th of an MPG its worth it, why carry stuff you dont have to? :?

Mark, thats what its all about mate 8)

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby intransit89 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:13 pm

how i worked my van out was to keep the front end nice and clean and then have some where to sleep and maybe keep clean for odd jobs moving some posh stuff etc and then i have some room at the back as a normal van

like rover has done is made it all 3 in one by the looks of it and still loads of room to say its a swb low roof :!: 8)

keep the pics coming its gives other people ideas and usly i bet some people have 5 different ideas from other members rolled in to one :lol: but works good :wink:

keep pic coming rover :D
I'am the only man with no dad as i was created in a chemical spillage in a factory
intransit89
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:58 am

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby MrMPuk » Thu May 22, 2008 8:13 pm

I have to ask where are you going to put 2 10 inch subs, box and amp?

Looks good though!
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby Ucof » Thu May 22, 2008 8:16 pm

I think I might need to take a trip to B&Q tomorrow and buy quite a few more panels of hardwood so I can line the top halves and the roof. Then I can finish putting all the carpet in :)

Hopefully it will make the acoustics a bit more user friendly, and not so "I'm driving around in a tin can".

I also could do with a sub, but christ, they are expensive :(
1991 MK3 SWB Low Roof 120 2.0Ltr Pinto (not for much longer :( )

Scientists have proven that the awesomeness of a forum thread is directly proportional to the number of pictures it contains.
User avatar
Ucof
Powered by Nutella
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby intransit89 » Thu May 22, 2008 8:21 pm

Ucof wrote:
I also could do with a sub, but christ, they are expensive :(


me to :cry: :wink:

ebay best i think :oops: :lol:
I'am the only man with no dad as i was created in a chemical spillage in a factory
intransit89
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4430
Joined: Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:58 am

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby Ucof » Thu May 22, 2008 8:28 pm

Fancy going halves on one?
I'll have it one week, you can have it the next, then me for a week and so on.

:D
1991 MK3 SWB Low Roof 120 2.0Ltr Pinto (not for much longer :( )

Scientists have proven that the awesomeness of a forum thread is directly proportional to the number of pictures it contains.
User avatar
Ucof
Powered by Nutella
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby rover » Thu May 22, 2008 8:33 pm

MrMPuk wrote:I have to ask where are you going to put 2 10 inch subs, box and amp?

Looks good though!


I have been thinking about that, I dont know how wide the sub box is but I'm pretty sure I can find room, the amp should go between the two six inch speakers in the left hand unit :D Wherever they end up they need to be on the left side to even even the weight distribution.

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby rover » Thu May 22, 2008 8:36 pm

Ucof wrote:I think I might need to take a trip to B&Q tomorrow and buy quite a few more panels of hardwood so I can line the top halves and the roof. Then I can finish putting all the carpet in :)


I would have dont the upper half in lightweight stuff but I have run out of cash :(

It can wait, no point in rushing eh :lol: the van has changed soooo many times already :lol:

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Next

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.