*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


My new V6 Project. A sad update!!

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

My new V6 Project. A sad update!!

Postby rover » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:06 pm

Well I picked the V6 up from Cougar last night :

I decided I would like to see what the paintwork would come up like and decide wether to have a total respray or not, NOT is definately the answer to that one :D :D after four hours of cutting,buffing and polishing it now looks like this....

Image

Image

Image

Image

The N/S rear door needs attention at the bottom and the N/S front arch needs a bit too, and thats about it :D :D

The list of things to do up to now is....

Windscreen.
Exhaust.
New Clutch quadrant.
Sort the steering (very heavy and no self centering, possibly just the tracking)
Mak a new gear stick (its way too far back for me!)
Make a custom air box/filter as it dont have one.
Sort the headlights and grill.
New Clear front indicators.
New N/S side repeater.
Fix the fuel and temp gauges.
Make new seat bases and install Recaro seats.
Then get the painting sorted.

And I'll see where it goes from there..

I'll try to remember to update as I do stuff :?

Rover.
Last edited by rover on Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Postby Luke » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:34 pm

:shock: wow mate, that's come up well 8) look forward to reading about this one too :twisted: 8)
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44566
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Postby mk2panelvan » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:16 pm

:D :D :D Lovely :D :D :D

Wouldn't mind that one on my drive :)
If at first you don't succeed, remove all evidence you ever tried

http://uk.geocities.com/thenandnowkillingbeck/
User avatar
mk2panelvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 483
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:16 pm
Location: Cumbria

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:38 pm

very nice looks 8) 8) 8) will we be seeing it at billing??? :?
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
User avatar
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!
 
Posts: 4118
Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:25 pm
Location: sussex

Postby UK_ANDY » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:42 pm

first the bling carb now the bling van nice one mate :D :lol: :lol:
old ford's never die they just go faster

Click here to vote for the forum in the Ford top 50 sites!!
User avatar
UK_ANDY
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 979
Joined: Wed Aug 10, 2005 6:18 pm
Location: wolverhampton uk

Postby rover » Sat Jul 01, 2006 11:35 pm

100ps_drw_hicube wrote:very nice looks 8) 8) 8) will we be seeing it at billing??? :?


Depends on how much time I get to spend on it, and if I get that time will I then get to M.O.T it :?: :roll:

Cheers for the comments guys :D

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Postby Valsheda » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:01 pm

Wow mate that looks the bizzzzzz, cant beat a bit of elbow grease with the polish and t-cut to revitalise the paint work, the paint on my van was very dull and flat when i bought it, but now after regular polishing and sweating at the eyebrows she comes up nice, well done dude and keep up the good work 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

By the way what trim is that you have on the bottom of the front bumper :?
User avatar
Valsheda
Top Tourneo Owner
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:17 pm

Postby rover » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:24 pm

Believe it or not it is just the bottom of a MK3 bumper cut off and turned upside down :shock: Looks smart though, wish I could take credit for it but it was done before Cougar got it I believe, guess who will be looking out for MK3 bumpers now :lol: :lol:

I've been messing about with the grill today, no time to post pics now so will have to be tomorrow, theres a GP to watch... seen one good one today....lets hope the cars are as good :lol:

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Postby Valsheda » Sun Jul 02, 2006 5:34 pm

Bottom of a Mk3 bumper eh :shock: Now that certainly opens a door to a nice custom bumper, it really does look like it was made to fit :D Might have to give this ago one day 8) 8) 8)
User avatar
Valsheda
Top Tourneo Owner
 
Posts: 1859
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2005 9:17 pm

Postby cougar » Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:27 pm

looking good 8)
nice to see its gone to a good home :D
User avatar
cougar
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon May 15, 2006 6:07 pm
Location: Mansfield UK

Postby rover » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:25 am

Yesterday I spent all morning straightening the headlights, grill and bumper, and trying to do something with the gaps under the lights and bottom of the bonnet.... What do you reckon? I quite like it :D but its not perfect and it bugs :roll:

Image

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Postby AndyG » Mon Jul 03, 2006 12:13 pm

Great van rover :!: 8)
See what you mean about the gap :oops:
Can the grill not be set to sit a bit higher :?: Also, it looks like the rubber insulators are missing from above the bumper or if they don't fit from a mk5 perhaps a little tweaking so that they do and close that gap slightly :idea:

Still impressive though :D :D :D
Image
Ford Transit 120 TDI EPIC Automatic. 0-60 in a leisurely and smooth 12.7 seconds and 1/4 mile in 19.1 seconds. Now where's all these faster? manual Di s?
User avatar
AndyG
Site Admin
 
Posts: 27833
Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2006 1:14 am
Location: West London

Postby rover » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:32 pm

Cheers Andy :D

The grill wont go any higher cos its sitting on a MK3 Bumper and has a Granada radiator, I'm not 100% happy with it so it may get 'Tweaked' again in the near future.

Av put a Clarion CD Player in this morning, I hate to see a gaping hole in the dash! Then I had to strip the trim out as the ariel lead didnt reach far enough :? Whoever put the MK5 dash in obviously didnt want the stereo to have a radio capability :o all sorted now though, the water temp gauge is next to wire up, the tiny little rev counter seems to work though :D

Image

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Postby Bryan » Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:06 pm

Does the air blower work? I changed the dash in my mk4 to mk5 style and still haven't managed to get the blowers to work again. Does the air blow out of the vents?
User avatar
Bryan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 240
Joined: Fri May 12, 2006 2:52 pm
Location: Northern Ireland

Postby rover » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:04 pm

Hang 5, I'll go check..........

Hmmmm, only out of the sides it seems, but then I havent replaced the battery yet so I cant swear to it, I'll soon sort that :?

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Next

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.