*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Rover's van. Not getting a new engine!

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby Ucof » Thu May 22, 2008 8:43 pm

Just found this on ebay. I don't know quite what I'm looking for though.

I am trying to stop using ebay though, but there just isn't as much on uk.ebid.net at all... :(
Last edited by Ucof on Thu May 22, 2008 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1991 MK3 SWB Low Roof 120 2.0Ltr Pinto (not for much longer :( )

Scientists have proven that the awesomeness of a forum thread is directly proportional to the number of pictures it contains.
User avatar
Ucof
Powered by Nutella
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby MrMPuk » Thu May 22, 2008 8:44 pm

Ucof wrote:Just found this on ebay. I don't know quite what I'm looking for though.

I am trying to stop using ebay though, but there just isn't as much on uk.ebid.net at all... :(

How about adding to your own progress report. :wink:
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby Ucof » Thu May 22, 2008 8:55 pm

Fair point :)
1991 MK3 SWB Low Roof 120 2.0Ltr Pinto (not for much longer :( )

Scientists have proven that the awesomeness of a forum thread is directly proportional to the number of pictures it contains.
User avatar
Ucof
Powered by Nutella
 
Posts: 651
Joined: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:46 pm
Location: Wales

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby bigmastif » Thu May 22, 2008 9:47 pm

nice job rover looks 8) 8)
User avatar
bigmastif
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3866
Joined: Tue Aug 15, 2006 8:37 pm
Location: Glasgow

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby hitman » Thu May 22, 2008 10:11 pm

that looks cool an neat pal :D ,12 square meters u say in carpet id say i need bout 6 for mine then :wink: :lol:
User avatar
hitman
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 545
Joined: Mon Aug 21, 2006 11:22 pm
Location: SHEFFIELD

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby rover » Fri May 23, 2008 8:42 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

All that carpet was a pain in the ass, its not thin stuff n its hesian backed too, real pain to shape round bits of 2x1 :evil:

All in all im pleased with it, and only one hole in my finger :lol:

Cheers for the comments :D

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby sidspop » Fri May 23, 2008 10:29 am

[quote="rover"

The metal brackets are only there until I can get the catches I want to hold the two halves together :wink: If I cant find the right ones its only a case of four screws anyway



Rover.[/quote]

How about these?
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod ... h&doy=23m5
Image
User avatar
sidspop
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1786
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:10 pm
Location: The Black Country (near to Brummagem, but not the same)

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby rover » Fri May 23, 2008 11:52 am

sidspop wrote:[quote="rover"

The metal brackets are only there until I can get the catches I want to hold the two halves together :wink: If I cant find the right ones its only a case of four screws anyway



Rover.


How about these?
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?Mod ... h&doy=23m5[/quote]

Thats EXACTLY w3hat I've been looking for, you are a genius :D :D :D :D :D :D

I've asked at all the hardware places I can think of, I even had to take a toolbox to the counter in b&q cos they didnt know what I was talking about :lol: :lol:

Thanks sidspop 8)

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby FredTransit » Fri May 23, 2008 11:57 am

something similar to that is sold in B&Q, they don't have the padlock hole though. I bought a pair for an electric cool box.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
User avatar
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist
 
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 am
Location: London

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby peteri » Fri May 23, 2008 12:08 pm

Like the carpet - can I ask what is it? Where did you get it from?

Cheers

Pete
peteri
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri May 16, 2008 8:44 am

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby rover » Fri May 23, 2008 12:56 pm

Its bog standard hardwearing carpet from 'United Carpets', £2.99 p/sqm :D I've always used other peoples cast offs before, so I thought I'd treat myself this time :lol:

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby AlanN » Sat May 24, 2008 8:16 pm

Yes, your right Rover! It is about time you started your own thread :lol: Enjoying every minute of it, keep it coming.
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 14176
Joined: Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:23 pm
Location: Rayleigh Essex

Re: Rover's van. Refreshed the inside rear.

Postby rover » Mon May 26, 2008 5:51 pm

Right then, some older stuff to start with and I'll bring it up to date...

This is how the van looked pretty much for 5 years, tidy enough but a little too boring for me and seeing a money has always been an issue, it only ever got tidied up when needed :roll: She was a standard 2ltr Pinto with MT75 box, VV carb etc...

Image

I had to consider getting rid of the van at this point as my left knee could no longer hold down the clutch by the end of a long day, especially in the winter, but then I got the chance of an engine and automatic gearbox, at the time I had never seen an auto Transit! So I figured instead of selling my van it would make more sense to convert her...

Image

It was bloody hard work but I got there in the end :D Although the A4LD can a be a little temperamantle I've not regretted it for one minute :D :D

Next came a set of Ford alloys but one of them was buckled :( and apart from that they are a pain on a mk3 as they catch the front shocks without spacers, also rubbing on the handbrake cable :!: So they were ditched in favour of a set of KN Vantec Alloys, which I managed to do a deal direct with the KN wheels factory, in fact I got several sets for forum members at the time :D It went well till the prats in the accounts dept sent me an invoice for 1p, when I refused to issue a company cheque for 1p they refused to deal with me.... their loss :!:

Here's a set on my van...

Image

Also at that time I found an amber beacon I quite liked to replace the two crappy single rotating things I had had for years..


Image

Being mainly stop-start around town all day driving I was going through exhaust back and centre boxes like you wouldnt believe, so I got the chance of a 'Rage Pro' big bore type thing on special offer at Maccess, cant remember how much now but I know it was cheap :D And I havent had to change either since :D Besides, there's always been a little bit of a boy racer in me somewhere :lol: :lol:


Image

I fitted myself a rev counter I'd had lying around for years, originally from a skoda estelle :shock:


Image

Got my hands on a cheap webber 32/36 DGAV and painted it gold (very faded now of course :lol: ), big improvement over the VV :!:

Image

Then came the Mk5 rear bumper, you have to cut the brackets down from the Mk3 and redrill closer to the rear crossmember if you want to use the original chassis holes, and lets face it, the fewer hole you can drill in a Transit the better, they make enough holes of their own :lol:

Image

Then the clear font indicators, they dont make them for a mk3 so again they had to be adapted, getting them to sit in the right place was the biggest challenge but I got there in the end 8)

Image

Image

Also at this point you may notice the front and rear bumpers have become colour coded....vast improvemet in my opinion 8)

Then I got the chance of a set of Chrome Weller wheels from another forum member, too good an oportunity to pass up, the day after I bought them I sold the Vantec alloys to yet another forum member so I wasnt out of pocket :D

Image

Moving on...

I ordered a four branch exhaust manifold and High torque cam to try and improve the performance of the old Pinto, it was only at this point when I decided to do the head gasket at the same time that I realised she is actually a 2.1 :shock:

The cam and manifold made a good improvement :D

Image

She's also received an EFi cylinder head as the gas flow is supposed to be much better....it is 8)

I got a set of (cheap as usual :lol: ) racing style seats for her and made up some bases, leaving the rise n fall of the original drivers seat in place 8) A little later last year I made a centre console to a, fill the wasted space, b, to hide a lot of my junk, and c, to add storage :D

Image

Image

Image

I've since swapped out the jets in the 32/36 carb for a set of 38dgas jets, small improvement, but an improvement none the less :D

Recently I fitted Mk5 door mirrors and colour coded them, using 1 pence pieces to fill the cap holes :lol:

Image

She's had several different stereo's etc and will be getting a couple of subs, hopefully within the next few weeks, pictures will follow when I've done it :wink:

Cant think of anything else at the moment, but if I do I'll post it up :mrgreen:

Rover.
User avatar
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6397
Joined: Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:03 am
Location: Nottinghamshire

Re: Rover's van. Through the years...

Postby transitgeoff » Mon May 26, 2008 6:06 pm

mint 8)
transitgeoff
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6574
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:32 pm

Re: Rover's van. Through the years...

Postby madmark » Mon May 26, 2008 6:19 pm

:shock: is she undercover there! 8) 8) 8) 8)
madmark
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 15467
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:29 am

PreviousNext

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.