Well last nights task was to make a new air box as it had no air filter at all, while I was at it I made a new gear stick too as the original one was loose.
The filter box is made from a sheet of ally 1.6mm, drew around the air mass meter base plates then drilled and cut the relevant holes, then I used one of those 'mesh grill' thingies, cut it to shape and moulded it around a Rover 800 air filter, then bent it around the back of the ally base plate so it all holds in place and put some wide insulating tape around the edges.
The gear stick is made from the original Granada stick and a Sierra stick, got some threaded bar (internal and external) and a piec of 22mm copper tube, welded the bar to each of the two sticks, slid the copper tube over the bottom half and then screwed in the top half, once all tightened I then painted it with Aluminium paint
Hope to do more later today
