*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

AlanN's MK3 V6 Day Van

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Postby MrMPuk » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:57 pm

rover wrote:Not the same van, but another Mk3 (mine if you hadnt guessed :lol: )

Rover.

Has your's got the wider axle then?
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby AlanN » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:59 pm

Are the end caps and the bumper blended in to look like one piece
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby Guy88 » Mon Apr 16, 2007 8:56 pm

AlanN wrote:Are the end caps and the bumper blended in to look like one piece

There off a MK5 :wink:
2005 Ford F250 Super Duty
1992 MK3 ambulance
1980 A Series crew cab
1984 A series RB44

REMAPPED BY http://WWW.VANTUNER.COM HE IS THE WAY FORWARD

LIVIN' LOUD
Guy88
Site Moderator

Postby MrMPuk » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:01 pm

Guy88 wrote:

But the answer to the question is no.
MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rover » Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:14 pm

MrMPuk wrote:
rover wrote:Not the same van, but another Mk3 (mine if you hadnt guessed :lol: )

Rover.

Has your's got the wider axle then?

No, but with 7mm spacers the Wellers come almost out to the edge, couldnt really ask for a better fit, the wider axle would push the wheels past the edge of the arch cos the Mk3 arches have less of a protruding lip. (did any of that make sense? I've had a small Bacardi :lol: )

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby AlanN » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:06 am

MrMPuk wrote:
Guy88 wrote:

But the answer to the question is no.

AlanN
Site Moderator

Re: My MK3 Day Van

Postby AlanN » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:48 pm

I’ve got a loads of jobs that need doing on the van, but one I have been playing with or trying to, is to get the Speedo drive to read correctly after the engine change. I replaced the cog in the gearbox twice, but it still didn’t read quite right… I was then told on the forum that petrol and diesel clocks are different! A quick search on eBay didn’t find much, but what I did find is a set of white dials for the diesel 130mph clocks, printed on glossy sticky-backed paper, just cut out and fit, seemed simple enough, so out came the plastic.
Removing the clock assembly was very easy, no manual required, just a matter of removing the screws from the surrounding facial panel and steering column, then another four, which hold the clocks in to place.

I stripped down the dash assembly in anticipation of the new dials arrival, but I then had to wait several weeks for the dials to arrive, by this time, the misses was getting a bit miffed with my dash in bits on the table!
I first T-Cut the clear plastic window to remove year’s worth of scratches and grime, then removing the 2 torque bolts that hold the petrol 90mph gauge in place and fitting a second-hand diesel speedo, which I set to the original mileage.
Cutting out the new dials was easy enough, only needing a sharp scalpel blade to cut out the centres for the needle centres, it was important to make sure the hole was cut large enough or as I found, it would interfere with the needles of the clock and speedo. The needles of the fuel and temp gauges just unhooked and the speedo one pulled off easily, leaving me to carefully stick the labels on. Lastly, I replaced the bulbs with some blue LED’s and screwed the whole thing back together.
Here it is just sitting in the dash all lit up, I’ll finish everything off tomorrow and then back to my wheels. Oh, just remembered, that I painted the needels black, may do them fluoresent red. How much, LED bulbs £13.98, white dials £5.98, clocks £ 0 (thanks Guy), total £19.96
Last edited by AlanN on Sun Feb 03, 2008 7:22 pm, edited 3 times in total.

AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby intransit89 » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:23 pm

AlanN wrote:I’ve got a loads of jobs that need doing on the van, but one I have been playing with or trying to, is to get the Speedo drive to read correctly after the engine change. I replaced the cog in the gearbox twice, but it still didn’t read quite right… I was then told on the forum that petrol and diesel clocks are different! A quick search on eBay didn’t find much, but what I did find is a set of white dials for the diesel 130mph clocks, printed on glossy sticky-backed paper, just cut out and fit, seemed simple enough, so out came the plastic.
Removing the clock assembly was very easy, no manual required, just a matter of removing the screws from the surrounding facial panel and steering column, then another four, which hold the clocks in to place.

I stripped down the dash assembly in anticipation of the new dials arrival, but I then had to wait several weeks for the dials to arrive, by this time, the misses was getting a bit miffed with my dash in bits on the table!
I first T-Cut the clear plastic window to remove year’s worth of scratches and grime, then removing the 2 torque bolts that hold the petrol 90mph gauge in place and fitting a second-hand diesel speedo, which I set to the original mileage.
Cutting out the new dials was easy enough, only needing a sharp scalpel blade to cut out the centres for the needle centres, it was important to make sure the hole was cut large enough or as I found, it would interfere with the needles of the clock and speedo. The needles of the fuel and temp gauges just unhooked and the speedo one pulled off easily, leaving me to carefully stick the labels on. Lastly, I replaced the bulbs with some blue LED’s and screwed the whole thing back together.
Here it is just sitting in the dash all lit up, I’ll finish everything off tomorrow and then back to my wheels.

thats nice are the lights led? as i thought of puting some blue leds in a speedo to make it look different.
wheres the speedo white ones from :idea: :?: 8)
I'am the only man with no dad as i was created in a chemical spillage in a factory
intransit89
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby AlanN » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:53 pm

The white dials come from this guy, £5.98 including post and packing
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ford-Transit-Circ ... dZViewItem
The blue LEDs came from Halfrauds £6.99 pair, but you can find them cheaper on eBay, make sure you get the 4 led type as the single leds are a bit dim

AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby nip » Fri Oct 26, 2007 7:33 pm

mint job your doing there m8 keep up the good work :D
turbo powerd transit
nip
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby AlanN » Fri Oct 26, 2007 10:32 pm

Yes, the misses says Im trying, really trying!!!! :? Another weekend on the wheels and hopefully I'll get them painted without cracks...

AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby chadmat » Sat Oct 27, 2007 12:31 am

Coming along a treat Alan, keep it up! :wink:
In a MK6 280 SWB semi hi!!!!
There you go! At last!
chadmat
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby DOL » Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:52 pm

very nice job your doing there alan :D
Image 1 by 1 the penguins keep stealing my sanity!!
DOL
Formerly known as Dafodol.

Postby rover » Sat Oct 27, 2007 11:18 pm

Looking good Alan 8)

Rover.
rover
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby AlanN » Sun Oct 28, 2007 9:02 am

Rover, I seem to remember that you put spacers on your back wheels, did you have to change the studs and is it an easy enough job? Ive not tried the wheels yet, so im not sure what width spacer I want yet, but Im think I will have to change them.

AlanN
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!