*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Gaz's Mk3 truck

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Gaz's Mk3 truck

Postby MinorMatt » Wed May 14, 2014 7:32 am

Restorationvanman wrote:
ColinJack wrote:
Cant wait to start putting the axle/suspension back in but working for next 8 days so wont be done quick :(
Work is what pays for it! :wink:

True Colin very true and I suppose I do need a new paintbrush :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why? I thought you had finished painting...
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Mr RVM » Wed May 14, 2014 4:10 pm

MinorMatt wrote:
Why? I thought you had finished painting...

yeah finished the engine bay, the chassis and the cab floor but still doors,bonnet,wings,roof etc :lol:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mr RVM » Thu May 15, 2014 10:28 pm

Been upto shed for a couple of hours tonight and done a little bit, the headlamps I bought new (from 2 different sellers) didn't look very nice (one was sold as a second quality item described as having a "paint finish" fault on the back which didn't affect its operation) but when I opened the second one (described as new in perfect condition) it was just the same as the "faulty" one :( so ive masked them up and give them 2 coats of silver and tomorrow i'll give them a couple of coats of clear lacquer :!: also I reassembled the rear springs (these have been stripped, blasted, primed and painted) so now they are ready to put back on (just need to find all the bolts :lol: ) Decided to use the original doors as I think that fixing the corrosion at the bottom corner of the drivers door will be no more work than altering the lock holes on the mint pair of Mk4 doors I got hold of (was told they were Mk3 but never even looked at the locks :oops: ) its only a small area that's rusted thru (about 20x30mm) so wont take much doing :)
Started to clean up the gearbox (its manky) think I might paint this as well (no not yellow :lol: ) cos if I just clean it once its been out in the wet it'll start to develop that awful white powdery staining so i'll paint it with silver hammerite so its sealed from moisture and will just jetwash clean and bright again :)
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ColinJack » Thu May 15, 2014 10:33 pm

Restorationvanman wrote:Been upto shed for a couple of hours tonight and done a little bit, the headlamps I bought new (from 2 different sellers) didn't look very nice (one was sold as a second quality item described as having a "paint finish" fault on the back which didn't affect its operation) but when I opened the second one (described as new in perfect condition) it was just the same as the "faulty" one :( so ive masked them up and give them 2 coats of silver and tomorrow i'll give them a couple of coats of clear lacquer :!: also I reassembled the rear springs (these have been stripped, blasted, primed and painted) so now they are ready to put back on (just need to find all the bolts :lol: ) Decided to use the original doors as I think that fixing the corrosion at the bottom corner of the drivers door will be no more work than altering the lock holes on the mint pair of Mk4 doors I got hold of (was told they were Mk3 but never even looked at the locks :oops: ) its only a small area that's rusted thru (about 20x30mm) so wont take much doing :)
Started to clean up the gearbox (its manky) think I might paint this as well (no not yellow :lol: ) cos if I just clean it once its been out in the wet it'll start to develop that awful white powdery staining so i'll paint it with silver hammerite so its sealed from moisture and will just jetwash clean and bright again :)
OCD doesn't even start to describe it :lol: :lol:
1990 Mk3 Reimo Camper
1980 Mk2 Holdsworth Camper
I don't regret growing old - it is a privilege denied to many.
The Journey is the Reward. (Chinese Proverb)
ColinJack
MK3 Massive

Postby Mr RVM » Thu May 15, 2014 11:41 pm

That's been said before :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mr RVM » Fri May 16, 2014 10:16 pm

Headlamps and rear springs..........

Now they look good enough to put back in the truck :!: (well almost :lol: )
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ColinJack » Sat May 17, 2014 10:44 am

Restorationvanman wrote:Headlamps and rear springs..........

Better than new! :wink:
1990 Mk3 Reimo Camper
1980 Mk2 Holdsworth Camper
I don't regret growing old - it is a privilege denied to many.
The Journey is the Reward. (Chinese Proverb)
ColinJack
MK3 Massive

Postby Mr RVM » Sat May 17, 2014 7:21 pm

ColinJack wrote:

The Headlamps are new :!: but it seems "Valeo" aren't too fussy about the finish on the casing, why should they be :?: its not really that important to anyone (except ME :!: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat May 17, 2014 11:19 pm

Restorationvanman wrote:
ColinJack wrote:

The Headlamps are new :!: but it seems "Valeo" aren't too fussy about the finish on the casing, why should they be :?: its not really that important to anyone (except ME :!: ) :lol: :lol: :lol:
RTM I think I have new Lucas lamps so you can bin the froggie ones if you wish .
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby AlanN » Wed May 21, 2014 10:59 pm

Just loving this thread, it been a while since I kept up to date and its great to see some more progress. I look forward to the next installment :D
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator

Postby Mr RVM » Wed May 21, 2014 11:34 pm

AlanN wrote:Just loving this thread, it been a while since I kept up to date and its great to see some more progress. I look forward to the next installment :D

Cheers Alan, I'm not too happy about the amount of progress :( but I'm very happy with the way the work has turned out :D like I said in an earlier post I'm working alone now so spend more time lookin for stuff and getting set up, if I leave home with 4 hrs to spare I'm lucky if I get an hours work done :( I'm still not tempted to rush it tho, the finished article has to live up to the fuss ive made of it :lol: will just keep pluggin away at it and do my best :!: almost ready to start re-fitting mechanicals and then get cab looking the way I want it, made a few changes to my original plan but nothing too drastic :wink:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mr RVM » Sat May 24, 2014 12:59 am

Not much to report this week :( not had much time up the shed :!: Spent Thursday on a trip to pick up latest acquisition (jr71's old Mk5) :) did manage to get the rear panel rubbed down, primed and into a coat of paint (white) so hopefully get that into yellow this weekend but 2 days off now so will see what I can get done :!:
Going to start a new thread on jay's old van, this will be a rolling job as its my daily and most probably what i'll end up at the "Mania" with (unless by some miracle I get this yellow truck finished :roll: )
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby Mr RVM » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:31 pm

Nothin doin on this one at the min :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mr RVM
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby transitandy » Fri Jul 04, 2014 9:15 pm

Epic work Gaz :)
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby AlanN » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:01 pm

Still watching :D
Ford Transit MK3 1989 2.8i V6 Auto Member of the MK3 Massive

R.I.P Kirk Bacon aka Eugene Speed
AlanN
Site Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!