Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020


toms mk7 sport rep

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby glenandemm » Thu May 21, 2015 5:24 pm

one of the nicest transits ive seen pal, can i ask where you got the rear lowered leafs from and how did you lower the front end, springs? im thinking about dropping my strut through the hub a tad more!
glenandemm
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 1728
Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:10 pm
Location: stockport

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby Perfectpaintwork » Sat May 23, 2015 11:35 pm

thanks for all the comments, it did turn out nice. sold it now as I just moved to Australia so time to start again will post pics of new van shortly its a 2010 swb 115 280 6 speed needs a bit of bodywork, just started ordering some bits from uk as not much out here.
User avatar
Perfectpaintwork
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:52 pm
Location: melbourne australia

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby Perfectpaintwork » Sat May 23, 2015 11:37 pm

glenandemm wrote:one of the nicest transits ive seen pal, can i ask where you got the rear lowered leafs from and how did you lower the front end, springs? im thinking about dropping my strut through the hub a tad more!

the front was on custom made springs by coilsprings.co.uk cost about 140 delivered
rear where straightened by owen springs
I recommend both companys they were very good
User avatar
Perfectpaintwork
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:52 pm
Location: melbourne australia

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby tourneo newbie » Thu May 28, 2015 8:53 pm

What wheels are those they look like bmw ones? If so did you use hubcentric adapters to fit them
tourneo newbie
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 79
Joined: Mon Feb 02, 2015 8:40 pm

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby Perfectpaintwork » Fri May 29, 2015 11:04 pm

tourneo newbie wrote:What wheels are those they look like bmw ones? If so did you use hubcentric adapters to fit them

they are 20" jaguar kasuga alloys, front hubs were redrilled and rears were on hub adaptors
User avatar
Perfectpaintwork
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:52 pm
Location: melbourne australia

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby Killiestu » Sat Dec 08, 2018 12:48 pm

Perfectpaintwork wrote:
tourneo newbie wrote:What wheels are those they look like bmw ones? If so did you use hubcentric adapters to fit them

they are 20" jaguar kasuga alloys, front hubs were redrilled and rears were on hub adaptors
Old post but anybody know how thick the hub adapters were on the rear? Is the front hub re-drill straight forward enough?
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Killiestu
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby Perfectpaintwork » Mon Dec 17, 2018 12:34 am

Killiestu wrote:
Perfectpaintwork wrote:
tourneo newbie wrote:What wheels are those they look like bmw ones? If so did you use hubcentric adapters to fit them

they are 20" jaguar kasuga alloys, front hubs were redrilled and rears were on hub adaptors
Old post but anybody know how thick the hub adapters were on the rear? Is the front hub re-drill straight forward enough?
Cheers




Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk


10mm rear hub adaptors
Just buy new set of front hubs and drill them
User avatar
Perfectpaintwork
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Aug 31, 2013 8:52 pm
Location: melbourne australia

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby Killiestu » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:05 am

Thanks for the reply.

10mm !!! Is that even safe? Seems very thin , I've never used a hub adapter so I might be getting it wrong

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Killiestu
Newbie
 
Posts: 3
Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby Shaun306 » Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Did you ever complete one in Australia ?
Shaun306
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 175
Joined: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:23 pm

Re: toms mk7 sport rep

Postby ossie cossie » Sun May 10, 2020 3:42 pm

nice van
ossie cossie
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 485
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 2:49 pm

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users