*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK6 Recovery Project

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

MK6 Recovery Project

Postby benhobster » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:48 pm

Hi all, just had to get rid of my MK4 ford transit recovery truck as it was rotten as a pear, more hassle than it was to repair to so when looking at my options i decided to give a self build a go! I bought a MK6 2004 125 350 long wheel base that had a ally drop side body on the back and decided to try and convert it :D

So this is the truck as it stood when i first bought it

I have since removed the body from the truck and have got it up for sale, the chassis is solid, one of the main reasons i went for the truck, been well looked after other than than some idiot has tryed to jack the truck on its sills and the cab is just filthy

The engine needs a little TLC, got some oil leaks possibly from the servo vaccum pump being one of the main culprits and it struggles to start when cold which i know for a fact the glow plugs dont work which im fixing at the minute but im not completely convinced this is going to solve the problem but we shall see gotta start somewhere.

Im not sure weather or not to try and build my own body or to source a second hand one that maybe needs a bit of work, i would like to say iv built my own and i feel i could do it, but its not having access to all the right equipment straight away etc, it would take time and make it hard to do, but i dont know im still thinking so i will keep you all updated. If anyone has a spare body laying around they want rid of let me know i will take it off your hands :wink:
benhobster
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!