*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Back with a mk7 this time!

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Back with a mk7 this time!

Postby dirtydog » Thu Mar 26, 2020 9:10 am

Well it's been a troublesome couple of months for the blue one, engine light came on but couldn't find my elm unit since moving house in September :roll: found it now but not got around to plugging it in yet but I have a feeling it's the cheap eBay egr valve I fitted a couple of years ago.

Alternator went a few weeks ago, replaced it and charged the batteries up and all was fine for a couple of weeks then I switched it off went into a shop and it refused to start again, robbed the batteries out of the camper and it's been mostly fine.
Dropped into limp mode a couple of times and then sounded really rough the other morning when I started it and took a good few minutes to run properly

Then the ignition barrel fell apart inside meaning the key was stuck in the ignition, complete new lockset fitted.

The plan for this year was to sell it and buy a custom so I've also been slowly robbing bits off it and putting them on the camper
2006 Mk7 115 350 lwb, med high top
2006 Mk7 110 350 lwb, high top camper
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dirtydog » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:04 pm

Well I still have the engine warning light on but my elm unit is mia after moving house again :roll:

Front wheel bearing needs replacing as do the rear wheel studs as 2 have snapped due to the wheel being buckled

So I set about on the wheel bearing first, what a pain in the arse of a job! Caliper carrier bolt rounded off so sacrificed a 17mm socket and hammered it into the bolt. Then I didn't have a torx bit big enough to undo the up bolts, broke 2 torx bits trying to,get them undone

Now all I need to do is get the old bearing off and the new one on
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dirtydog » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:50 pm

Rear wheel studs replaced and spare steel wheel put on rather than the buckled alloy

IMG_8132.JPG

Front wheel bearing done after a couple of cock ups, I put the bearing on the wrong way and then messed it up trying to get it off again then I put the hub back together and realised I hadn't put the brake disc on :x

Egr replaced with a genuine ford one, engine light off and all was good :D

Until a couple of days later when the other front bearing started rumbling and the engine light came back on :x
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dirtydog
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!