*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk5 tourneo jag-van mk2

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Re: Mk5 tourneo jag-van mk2

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:55 pm

spudmab wrote:It was good seeing this at mania, wanted to chat with you but couldn't find the time.

Its strange looking under the bonnet but if you remove the vw badge people wouldn't really know. You done a good job with the install

Ah cheers man, you should've asked around....I was never too far away :lol:
1999 mk5 tourneo (previously jagvan, now Vw PD powered)
2000 mk5 with a jaguar twist :wink: (now dead but will live on)
1996 disco 300tdi 1.2 offroad toy :D
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Aug 31, 2021 6:16 pm

So just a small update, the vans running well with the 2nd engine fitted, sat at mostly 80 on the way back up from mania without breaking too much of a sweat, 8)

Looks like the gearbox will have to come off and be swapped over in the near future as what I thought was a worn gearbox beforehand is actually quite a good 1, it seems my spare is much more worn than the other so will be getting swapped in the next month or so :?

Also while I was at mania Martin van-tuner worked his magic on the 2nd ecu (that I got on the donor car) and put on an eco type map, I didn't want anything too larey with it being a standard unknown engine so he's only upped the power to an estimated 150hp and a little more torque, certainly plenty for a van......but we always want more don't we?! :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Krisdupreysgarage » Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:49 pm

Pocketrocket wrote:So just a small update, the vans running well with the 2nd engine fitted, sat at mostly 80 on the way back up from mania without breaking too much of a sweat, 8)

Looks like the gearbox will have to come off and be swapped over in the near future as what I thought was a worn gearbox beforehand is actually quite a good 1, it seems my spare is much more worn than the other so will be getting swapped in the next month or so :?

Also while I was at mania Martin van-tuner worked his magic on the 2nd ecu (that I got on the donor car) and put on an eco type map, I didn't want anything too larey with it being a standard unknown engine so he's only upped the power to an estimated 150hp and a little more torque, certainly plenty for a van......but we always want more don't we?! :lol:
Pete, was chatting over on YouTube, great to get a read through of this thread. Thanks for sending me this way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krisdupreysgarage
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Pocketrocket » Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:00 pm

Krisdupreysgarage wrote:
Pocketrocket wrote:So just a small update, the vans running well with the 2nd engine fitted, sat at mostly 80 on the way back up from mania without breaking too much of a sweat, 8)

Pete, was chatting over on YouTube, great to get a read through of this thread. Thanks for sending me this way!

Ah yes welcome, glad you found your way here, hopefully there's enough info knocking around for you to sort you own build 8)
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Pocketrocket » Sun Apr 24, 2022 1:17 pm

Sooo not much has changed with the tourneo, been racking up some miles no the engine conversion,
Had a family hiday in it a couple of weeks ago which threw up an issue with the suspension/tyre combo......as in it was too low for the width of tyres, or the tyres were too wide for the height of the suspension :lol:
So I set about putting it back to standard height, I love how smooth it drives just not too sure on how it now looks :?: :roll:
What you reckon?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pocketrocket
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Previous

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!