*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit mk6 wheel bearing

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Transit mk6 wheel bearing

Postby decoradesigndec » Tue Nov 15, 2016 4:38 pm

Hi all had my 52 plate 2.4 mwb rwd van in for MOT last week i had my front nearside wheel bearing changed as it was grinding on left turns. After the bearing was changed ive noticed the noise is still there. Also im get this knocking noice when breaking at low speed or moving from a staionary postion. Its wasn't doing that before it went into the garage. Ive paid alot of money for this mot and i could do with some help on whats gone wrong or why the noise is still there.

Cheers all

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
decoradesigndec

Re: Transit mk6 wheel bearing

Postby ned » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:47 pm

Check your wheel nuts are tight and the bearing nut is torqued up fully. If in doubt take the van back to the garage and get them to look at it while your with them, if the fault is through their work then they should rectify it for free. N
RUST IS LIGHTER THEN CARBON FIBRE

57 transit 85t260 2.2 swb, moondust silver.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=209987

03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb 229,000 miles.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=168296
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Transit mk6 wheel bearing

Postby decoradesigndec » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:14 am

Took the van back and to my surprise they now want to charge me more money as they say its the other wheel bearing. Ive got it booked in with another garage for a re-test by a vosa, dvsa inspector. I was advised this by an other garage who said its was a fail after a quick look on the ramp. They kindly put me on to the vosa dvsa guy as they was worried i have been ripped off big time on other various faults to.

I'll update as this continues

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk
decoradesigndec

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!