*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK4 Recovery build (Mk5 rebuild)

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

MK4 Recovery build (Mk5 rebuild)

Postby Chris179 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:40 pm

Hi, I first bought my Transit in 2014 as a temporary or "starter" recovery truck mainly to move my race cars around.

She's a N reg Mk5, which I paid £1600 for and still have 4 years on. She was only meant to be a temporary truck until I could find a more modern transit but been the old Ford enthusiast I am I decided to keep it. I've done some jobs on her over the years but nothing major and she's been fantastic, this year how ever I decided to do the bit of rot on the cab. We welded sills, arches, steps and repaired the floor. All that was left to do was paint and sort the dodgy electrics out.

However due to the electrics on my way home the truck caught fire, absolutely gutting it. I've since bought a older K reg MK4 Transit Luton to swap the body over which luckierly is savable.

Will post more of a up to date post later.
ImageImageImageImage

Sent from my TA-1020 using Tapatalk
Chris179

Re: MK4 Recovery build (Mk5 rebuild)

Postby twin wheel camper » Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:35 pm

:evil: sorry to hear your van burnt, they don’t take long to go when they start :x
twin wheel camper
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: MK4 Recovery build (Mk5 rebuild)

Postby RustWidow » Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:26 pm

That’s tragic, but muttley and blue estate have both been the victims of a burning van, pretty scary stuff at the time
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!