*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Camper mk1 update

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Camper mk1 update

Postby camper extraudinair » Wed May 22, 2019 5:15 pm

Hi there, i posted this in the wrong section so i am doing it again, so please forgive me,
I don't know if anyone remembers me, i stoped posting about five years ago, because
we moved down south, near the New Forest, & have been so busy working on our new
place i hav'ent spent any time on my camper until about three mounths ago, so i want
to update my thread, i wil post a few pics to remind people what Transit camper i have,
i wanted to replace the drivers seat, as i kept sliding out of it on corners when cornering
to fast, i bought a pair of leather bucket seats out of a toyota celica, mounted on a black
taxi subframe which is fully adjustable including up & down, while i had the seats out i
decided to make a new carpet out of the front room carpet which was black & the wife
wanted to replace it, so a friend of mine donated some underlay which i used as a template
for the carpet, i then placed it on the underside of the carpet & sprayed around the edge
& the hole i made for the handbrake lever, after edging the carpet i fitted it mounted the
seat & a full harness seat belt i bought in about 1973 out of a jet fighter probably x w d,
also i bought at a carboot sale the stainless steel door caps if that's what you call them
to complete the job, Happy TRansiteering to all, will post some mor soon.
ps the wife did'nt want to change hers.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
camper extraudinair
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Camper mk1 update

Postby RustWidow » Thu May 23, 2019 8:37 am

Hi ray, glad you’re still getting on with the camper. It really doesn’t matter what little you do but I do like that seat!
Old Fords Never Die - some fool keeps repairing them
RustWidow
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby jonochap » Thu May 23, 2019 11:36 pm

Looking good CE, still my favourite other camper!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Owner of not so troubled puk :)
jonochap
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby camper extraudinair » Thu Jun 06, 2019 4:03 pm

Hi Rust Widow, nice to hear from you, which seat were you refering to, mine or hers ?
best regards Raymondo.
camper extraudinair
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!