*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

The Spanish Junk Man Van

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

The Spanish Junk Man Van

Postby angryhippy » Thu Mar 25, 2021 8:44 pm

So here I am, the proud(?) owner of a Mk6 bought from a market trader in Valladolid Spain who bought it from a junk man (chatarrero) somewhere in León who got it from who knows where.

It is a giant mess of electrical issues, owing to a long history of "ingenious" additions to the electrical system including a GIANT floodlight mounted inside the over cab storage and what looks to be the world's dodgiest stereo install.

It does NOT like to engage reverse, and sometimes second. This seems like it will be expensive...

The instrument cluster has it's own interesting electrical problem.

I've already swapped out all the locks for an actual matching set, as I was given THREE keys when I bought it (ignition, rear doors, and front doors) The hood had no key at all and had been rigged to open with a screwdriver. The sliding side door also had no key, and no lock in the hole, and was being secured by chaining it to the front passenger seat supports.

I've also changed all the belts and fluids, new brake pads and rotors, and am filling up the TODO list faster than I am taking things off of it. I needed a new impetus to improve my Spanish right? Well, standing in desquaces describing car parts is an excellent way to improve ones swearing, if nothing else.
2001 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 100PS 2.0 TDDi - The Spanish Junk Man Van
angryhippy

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!