*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Matts T350 AWD

This forum can be used to update other members on your progress with your Transit.

Matts T350 AWD

Postby M^tt » Wed Feb 14, 2024 5:29 pm

Hi all,

So I bought my van nearly a year ago, and I'm still deciding how to make the most of it. I need to keep it open for work, but I do like chucking a sofa bed frame in the back as a 'make shift' camper.

I've got a second alternator to power the inverter/welder which I was debating removing, or at least making 'quick release' and swapping to a standard aux belt. It looks like the second alt is where the power steering pump would go, I'd need to check if the standard belt will fit without removing the second alt. Main reason to want to remove it is I keep smacking my head on it, and its got bloody sharp corners :oops: that and I've not yet 'used' it so MPG saving may be beneficial.

This year I started to make the first changes/improvements, Android Auto head unit being my fav one - I missed it after having it in my last car (Dodge Challenger R/T). I've had the oil changed in the gearbox and both diffs, its a bit smoother now, but still a little clunky at times.

Just had new Yokohama RY61 tires all round, which seem to be great so far (very early days still), I couldn't really find anything else suitable and correctly load rated that looks like it would still give reasonable off road grip.

I still fancy adding cruise control, but would need bcm/clocks/stalk, and I dont want to make the milage look dodgy as its a genuine 33k currently, not bad for a 2010 - I suspect it will rot before the engine dies.

M^tt

Re: Matts T350 AWD

Postby andz327 » Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:58 am

Steering wheel with cruise buttons would probably do , not heard anyone having to change dash dials for cruise
Had good use with these budget tyres, Good on road in the wethttps://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/204307993750 ... media=COPY

Sent from my SM-G990B using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Members Transit's - Progress Reports!