by FFP » Wed Mar 19, 2008 11:34 am
yes,
the 1.6 gtd engine is just to get it past the DVLA
60hp x 1.4 = 84 hp
if i exceed 40% I must undertake a lot of test etc minimal cost 800 pound
i can use everything from the 1.6 td conversion even the flywheel, just swap engines.
1.9 tdi has the same basis engine block so the motormounts, gearbox etc wil fit
just have to fabricate a new exhaust and sort a lot of electronics
already have a computer without the startdisabeler
I'v did a simular conersion a few years ago with a golf mk1 and an 110hp tdi engine
it works great, and its the most fuel efficient engine available and they last 300.000 miles
the newer VW pompeduse engines make more torque but use more diesel and have more electronics
I'm just a bit worried about the tdi torque and the fourspeed overdrive gearbox
I know the were used on the 2.5 diesel engines but these only had 165NM
does anybody have experience with these gearboxes??
and the capri style rear axle?? wil it hold 300nm??
gr Marc
dont buy it, build it