Transitmania 11 @Santa Pod 17th to 19th May 2019


1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Postby migl » Sat Mar 31, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi from Portugal.

I am now a proud owner of a 78 Transit mk1 with sliding doors!
Image

the first restoration i would like to do is changing this plate
Image

but im not been getting the right way to remove the upper cover, it is stuck in the back, and with 40 year's old plastic im too scared to do much pressure.
Does anyone have an exploded image of the dashboard? I can only find some in the interwebz but not what i need.

Thanks in advance,

Miguel
User avatar
migl
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:09 am

Re: 1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Postby Luke » Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:35 pm

nice van 8)

you need to take out the 2 screws you can see in the photo then it just pulls straight up - you will be able to feel under the dashboard to get to the 2 clips if you push the centre of them with a screwdriver it will help it come up :D
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42050
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: 1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Postby migl » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:02 pm

i forgot to tell but i removed those visible front screws and under i cant seem to get to the clips... thats why i asked, i was afraid that there were more screws under.
Thanks! ill try it again
User avatar
migl
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:09 am

Re: 1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Postby ned » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:44 pm

Nice, very nice, any more pictures 8) N
03 transit 125t280 2.0 tdci swb executive college blue 92 crewcab. Built in Belgium so deserves lots of love. 215,000 miles on the clock.

Instructions for use. fill with fuel. start engine. drive like a t#@t.
User avatar
ned
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12074
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:01 am
Location: Somewhere in time

Re: 1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Postby migl » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:28 pm

ned wrote:Nice, very nice, any more pictures 8) N

got a few here...
Are these seats original ? never saw them in catalog
Image

Image
User avatar
migl
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:09 am

Re: 1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Postby Neil » Sun Apr 01, 2018 8:24 am

yes most lhd have those seats van looks nice and original,,, remove the two lower screws and holding strip then reach your hand under on the speedo and gently push,,,,, the face panal should move forward the speedo cable may be holding it tight
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 5522
Joined: Sun May 01, 2005 5:09 pm
Location: Preston

Re: 1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Postby migl » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:55 pm

Neil wrote:yes most lhd have those seats van looks nice and original,,, remove the two lower screws and holding strip then reach your hand under on the speedo and gently push,,,,, the face panal should move forward the speedo cable may be holding it tight
Yeah got it out but now can't remove the speedo cable
How the hell do I remove itImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
User avatar
migl
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:09 am

Re: 1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Postby blue estate » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:58 pm

migl wrote:
Neil wrote:yes most lhd have those seats van looks nice and original,,, remove the two lower screws and holding strip then reach your hand under on the speedo and gently push,,,,, the face panal should move forward the speedo cable may be holding it tight
Yeah got it out but now can't remove the speedo cable
How the hell do I remove itImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Push cable in a little then push white collar to one side and pull
mk2.5 Focus zetec 1.8tdci 09 hatch
mk4 Escort estate 1.3no 1.4 yellow sold :cry:
My other car is a 44t MAN TGX 480 tractor unit
05 C-max 1.6 zetec vvt
User avatar
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner
 
Posts: 15796
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: week days a lay by some where

Re: 1978 Transit ft100 mk1

Postby migl » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:59 pm

blue estate wrote:
migl wrote:
Neil wrote:yes most lhd have those seats van looks nice and original,,, remove the two lower screws and holding strip then reach your hand under on the speedo and gently push,,,,, the face panal should move forward the speedo cable may be holding it tight
Yeah got it out but now can't remove the speedo cable
How the hell do I remove itImage

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Push cable in a little then push white collar to one side and pull
Thanks will try again tomorrow

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
User avatar
migl
Newbie
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:09 am


Return to Mk 1 & 2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users