*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2.5 di in mk1 - engine stop solenoid/ hazard wiring

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

2.5 di in mk1 - engine stop solenoid/ hazard wiring

Postby ventadorn » Fri Dec 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Hi I am nearly finished with re-wiring my mk1 which has a 2.5 non-turbo di with a Lucas CAV pump. The previous wiring harness was bodged and suffered a partial burnout. Harness now replaced with a good used one. Everything now works except:

1.) Engine stop solenoid not connected, does anyone have a diagram for this?
2.) Indicators work fine but hazards are on a very fast flicker, there is a 2 pin flasher unit fitted but not sure if I have the correct unit, anyone know the correct type?
I have normal bulbs not leds
Many thanks
ventadorn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2.5 di in mk1 - engine stop solenoid/ hazard wiring

Postby 103keef » Wed Dec 26, 2018 7:24 pm

Re. Stop Solenoid.
From memory, there are around 6 or 7 Black Wires going to the Pump. One is the Live feed and all the others go to earth. If your not taking the cover right off, you should be able to eliminate all the earths with a multimeter.
103keef
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: 2.5 di in mk1 - engine stop solenoid/ hazard wiring

Postby ventadorn » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:54 pm

103keef wrote:Re. Stop Solenoid.
From memory, there are around 6 or 7 Black Wires going to the Pump. One is the Live feed and all the others go to earth. If your not taking the cover right off, you should be able to eliminate all the earths with a multimeter.

Thanks I measured the current to the solenoid and as it was only 1.4 amps I ran a wire from fuse no 8 to it and this seems fine now. Got another flasher relay to try tomorrow
ventadorn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk 1 & 2