*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

1984 Transit Ambulance

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

1984 Transit Ambulance

Postby dave73dave » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:49 pm

Hi folks,

I have taken the bold choice at the ripe old age of 46 to purchase a teabag of a MK2 Transit to build on our catering business further!

The beast that I have purchased has been about a while and scared a few folk off I am led to believe... Not me however!! I have an awesome fabricator and welder that has snatched several previous projects from heavens door. What I am struggling with is the very limited information that I can find on the vehicle convertors and the base vehicle itself (awaiting delivery of her to the workshop as we speak)

The only information I have at present is the following (excuse the capitals - copied and pasted from advert)

A296 PYD 1984 FORD TRANSIT AMBULANCE BUILT BY PARFLO LTD & ONE OF EIGHT DELIVERED NEW TO SOMERSET AMBULANCE SERVICE BACK IN 1984

IT WAS USED BY BRIDGEWATER STATION FOR NEXT SIX YEARS USING THE CALL SIGN 111 WHICH IS STILL ON THE DASH

AS FAR AS WE KNOW THIS IS THE ONLY ONE LEFT OF THE EIGHT AND THE ONLY PARFLO BUILT MARK 2 TRANSIT AMBULANCES LEFT IN EXISTENCE - VERY RARE INDEED!

THIS IS THE 3 LITRE V6 MANUAL GEARBOX MODEL KNOWN AS A FRONT LINE OR FAST RESPONSE AMBULANCE

THIS IS THE 3 LITRE ESSEX V6 ENGINE AS USED IN FORD GRANADA AND CAPRI

IT WAS FITTED WITH A NEW ENGINE BACK IN 1989 AND WAS SOLD ONTO THE RED CROSS AT TAUNTON IN 1990

Now I am not bothered by what or may not be true about being rarer than a rare thing, or the ony Parflo built MK2 in existence etc... I am just interested to pick peoples heads on any information that I should know or any sources that are out there to find such info out.

Thanks in advance.

dave73dave

Re: 1984 Transit Ambulance

Postby Neil » Thu Apr 04, 2019 7:03 am

the transit v6 Essex is lower compression than the capri but otherwise the same
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: 1984 Transit Ambulance

Postby DodgeRover » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:08 pm

What do you need to know, other than make sure your insurance covers the glass!!!
DodgeRover
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Mk 1 & 2