*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

New front left engine mount & Spring Hanger

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

New front left engine mount & Spring Hanger

Postby greek » Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Transit chassis 003.JPG
Transit chassis 002.JPG

Engine out for a recon, found a crack under where my water bottle sits & a bit rot on an old repair between engine mount & spring hanger. So instead of patching bit the bullit & bought the whole leg including front rear spring hanger looked at Central panels did`nt like the look think it was more universal, had a look at motomobil & the one on there looked the part (although the pic of theirs has now changed) sent for it & hey ho its the same as the one from central panels. Although sold for Mk1 the engine the mount holes & captive nuts wrong place & the pic is of the bit cut off the front end so quite a bit fettling to do, I decide not to fit it all as chassis was good rear of the bump stop. So anybody want a rear front spring hanger & a bit chassis yours for £100 :lol: :lol: :lol: Anyways buyers beware spent good money & thought it was going to be straight forward :roll: :roll: .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I`m to old to lie under Transits
greek
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: New front left engine mount & Spring Hanger

Postby blue74 » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:10 am

Did you pay 100 quid for the wrong part? That must be a knock back.

Can you get the original mount off the car and use it a a template to make up a new one?
blue74
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby greek » Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:05 am

No not the wrong part I bought the part advertised for a 70`s Mk1 transit but not a straight fit & & both central panels & Motermobil seem to be the same one with postage more like £200 I decided to only use Half as the rest of the original was good, hence the £100 but only joking :D . The real point was engine mounting holes & captive nuts wrong place & spacing & too long & after cutting some off the front going to have to fabricate a bit for the front of the spring hanger to match other side. Did`nt think i would have to do so much fettling on something that price might as well have just bought the spring hanger £35 & fabricated the rest although the ones advertised seem as though they also need fettling. So realy just a heads up if anyone is thinking of buying. It just goes to prove your never to old to learn & i should know I`m 70 :oops: :oops:
greek
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby greek » Sat Aug 24, 2019 5:40 pm

Job done new leg in with spring hanger & engine mount Front vallance new tin welded in just need spring back in & my engine back & be mobile again.
Chassis Transit 002.JPG
Chassis Transit 003.JPG
Chassis Transit 001.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greek
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk 1 & 2