*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

radiator and heater hoses.

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

radiator and heater hoses.

Postby doggypaddle » Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:47 pm

Hi All
I have taken all the radiator and heater hoses off the van and flushed out the 205 block. removed an ancillary heater from the back of the van.
I managed to find a top radiator hose by Gates off of ebay but am struggling to identify bottom hose and heater hoses.
does anyone have the part numbers?
theres the Bottom hose i need, heater hose from pump to matrix and two to the autochoke in the manifold area.
Most vans i have seen just seem to have a length of dayco or similar 5/8" hose from the waterpump to the matrix, I assume the proper hose runs under the plug leads up the side of the cam box?
I think a RS2000 or Cortina bottom hose may fit?? anyone know? frustratingly the top hose nearly fits bottom but is smaller diameter on the pump end...
The old hoses arent bad but i dont want to put them back on really, i'd rather keep them as a get you home spare........ :D
thanks in advance...
doggypaddle
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: radiator and heater hoses.

Postby Ralph.9 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:41 am

I have bottom hoses in stock & probably the heater hoses too. I will check tomorrow morning.
Ralph.9
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: radiator and heater hoses.

Postby doggypaddle » Mon Oct 07, 2019 9:06 pm

thanks.
i will be turning attention to the mangled brake backing plate soon too......
doggypaddle
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk 1 & 2