*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

The fuel began to flow back into the tank

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

The fuel began to flow back into the tank

Postby Pablo-pilot » Sat Mar 20, 2021 2:06 pm

After parking, the engine began to start for a long time, which is not typical for a diesel engine. There was no air intake anywhere. The fuel equipment has just been repaired. I ordered a new manual pump. And he shakes in the opposite direction. That is, it should not be put before the filter, as I have, but after. Put it on. And the old one had to be left because of the peculiarities of the fittings. All these manipulations led to nothing. Smart people began to assume that the membrane on the pump broke. Since I have two such pumps (and both are faulty), I decided to disassemble one of them and rearrange the membrane from a serviceable one. At home, on the newspaper with the help of pliers and screwdrivers, I opened the lid and I see, oh my God, everything is intact, only the "mustache" sticks out of the check valve. And having disassembled the serviceable one, I saw only the difference in the check valves. "The "mustache" was cleaned and lavishly washed with fuel. and then everything is put back together and rolled back in a vice. The result was not long in coming!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pablo-pilot
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk 1 & 2