*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk I Landliner rolling resto

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Mk I Landliner rolling resto

Postby funsponge » Thu Jul 08, 2021 4:47 pm

Hello, just dived into the world of FoMoCo in the form of a '72 Landliner.

One of a few (14 I'm lead to believe if the info from the coachbuilders son is right) that went to Dubai but were stuck straight back on a boat back to sunny old England. So left hand drive, but still for the most part complete, just missing the bunk bed and some odds and ends. Has some localised rot in parts off the rear body and needs some minor metalwork but for the most part very solid and original.

Thanks to the previous owners shipper not bothering to tape a loose front trim on the rear body the the lower skin on the offside is toast but I have another donor landliner lined up to collect which will at least give its skin for the cause - its a bullnose but has disc brakes so will swap the beam over and see what's left.

I'll post some interior pics later when I empty it but currently looks like you'd catch an STD from it.

funsponge

Re: Mk I Landliner rolling resto

Postby conrod » Fri Jul 09, 2021 12:35 am

looks good, but I must admit to having some trailer envy! What make is that? I have a Humbaur 2 axle which looks similar, but smaller.

IMG_5517.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
conrod
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby funsponge » Fri Jul 09, 2021 7:16 am

Cheers mate - it’s a Woodford trailer, tilt bed and all that. You can slap anything on it it tows like a dream.
funsponge

Postby funsponge » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:14 pm

Finally got a minute to get her off the trailer, first job is just empty it out and assess what needs doing properly. Runs sweet enough though considering stale fuel and probably decades old HT leads etc.

Then brakes, because brakes are useful.

funsponge

Postby funsponge » Wed Jul 14, 2021 9:15 pm

I need a bonnet if anyone has one spare. Not sure what the fibreglass ones are like but I’d rather stick with an original tin one.
funsponge

Return to Mk 1 & 2