*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transtine Resto (WayFarer Camper)

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Transtine Resto (WayFarer Camper)

Postby NogE » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:01 am

Hi All....
I'm going to try add as much text and pictures here of my mk1 wayfarer camper Resto as possible ..as this resto has been locked on the mk1 mk2 transit forum.... please read below details of resto that would normally had had pictures in between..I'll add pics as I can in between copying text and adding here..
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Transtine Resto (WayFarer Camper)

Postby NogE » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:13 pm

I've skipped many pics to get to this stage...I'll add random pics
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:24 pm

This when to a right clown..oops:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:32 pm

.after 18 months at clowns circus it came back looking the same..
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:36 pm

Back to bay...
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:43 pm

Lots of prep later bays looking sweet to think about getting REBUILT engine back in...got proper people on it..always be careful who you trust to do works for you folks.....
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:48 pm

So... bit of a debate here of van name..anagram from reg.. Lux or Flux.....
Anyway,.. I planned on just getting the van on the road..mot, engine and brakes..get it safe.... but got very involved now due to C19 lockdown...
Last summer engine came out for serious rebuild. Andy (mutley) on here has it and in safe hands keeping me up to date ..due back just after lockdown ends...pics saved of build will be added here and looking forward to seeing/getting it back and in... ...
I'll be posting what I'm up to here as much as pos...please add comments peeps..
Not gonna repaint... just make it solid,clean bits paint and put back ..New if I can get and rebuilt odds... some stuff I believe is just not avialible..so I've knocked these up...now someone will tell me I could hv bought them
So... underside cleaned degreased and recovered with stone chip Schutz style..
Was hard work.... I've cleaned,degreast, wired down oldskool style..rust treated items,and hammer painted plus sprayed bits..May not be gen colours etc..but clean and looking ok....can't wait to get stuff back in.... days are counting down Andy....get my heart ready please..
Please note....
All this text has been copied from the mk1&Mk2 transit forum....Fred Transit locked my Resto topic because I told the truths about muttleymk1 (andy)...I will continue to tell people about my woes with both of them..so, if you seen Andy's name mentioned on a kind mannor it's early days of the Resto...he stole my money and pulled the wool over my eyes and done same to others that hv pm me...Andy and Fred will be reading this....and they both know I'll not let it rest until Andy pays me back 1100pounds he took from me ....
I'll not talk about it here anymore for all to read ...incase I upset the moderator....but I do feel people need to be made aware of what goes on ...
Let's move on...
We will read details of carried out work...tho not pics under them as in the other forum..I'll add as many pics as possible in time....
Dash has that lovely old ware look.. keeping that for sure..

have update pics but hving trouble loading them .. all new breaklines done..fuel tank in..heater box stripped cleaned rust treated..painted..replaced matrix...cab headlining removed cleaned replaced along with sunvisors...looking very clean..tho holding that aged look.. pics soon folks

Not able to load pics at mo..dam photo bucket..done lots... inc finish new copper brakelines ..fuel lines ..tank in front screen...lots of cab bits..lined rubber cap mat on rear as it was abit tatty..heater box rebuilt, painted and in..glovebox...and fitted benchseat in..list is abit longer tho small bits ...pics soon..
Looking forward to Andy getting engine done and over..tho lockdown is holding up lots for everyone...van need it's heart ..it's all happening

Options
So ..lots of pics to add..but photo bucket are doing my head in...gotta look for something else...
Axle leafs well everything at rear is out..underside been cleaned back as bare as pos..treated and shutzed to match middle...everything blasted treated and painted..very happy with outcome..looking into uprateing axle maybe..Ralph has been great,helping me with advise and parts..he's the man to ask for bits..spoke to mutley Andy about engine..looking like as soon as this poo passes over we can get the engineering guys to do their finishing..get lump in asap I hope...
I'll be adding pics soon as...
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Mon Aug 09, 2021 4:53 pm

Lots of changes since about text... as u can see,lots of plans changed...minted bay , underside and camper side..pics to follow...
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Neil » Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:30 pm

is that the conversion badge in the middle of the scuttle 8) 8)
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby NogE » Mon Aug 09, 2021 7:05 pm

Yes Neil... maybe you can help explain the way this badging worked...it's a Wayfarer conversion..and it's supplied by Wilsons :roll: ...was these vans purchased from Ford by Wayfarer...sold to Wilsons..I'm confused
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Neil » Tue Aug 10, 2021 7:24 am

it will have been a panal van from ford,,,, is wayferer not just a model name ? that wilson would have used at the time a bit like jennings used the roadranger
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby NogE » Tue Aug 10, 2021 6:36 pm

So Wilsons buy them..then convert....?
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Neil » Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:08 am

if wilsons did the wayfarer then yes or you would buy it and take it to wilsons to convert
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby MinorMatt » Wed Aug 11, 2021 8:43 am

I have read your mk1/2 forum post...

Noticed you are looking for a 3.5 CW&P - I have a complete diff (I assume its not been tweaked in to a transit one yet)
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby NogE » Wed Aug 11, 2021 12:45 pm

Hi Matt,...
Sorry I'm not very up to date on the benefits of having this diff fitted to my 1700 v4,..I believe it was a discussion I had with Ralph some time back..and the advantages of it if slipped my mind as so much has gone on .. :lol: ...can you please remind me of the benifits...I'm more a mk3cortina guy..this is all new to me still :?:
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Mk 1 & 2