*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transtine Resto (WayFarer Camper)

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Re: Transtine Resto (WayFarer Camper)

Postby MinorMatt » Wed Aug 11, 2021 1:48 pm

I thought you were looking for one...

Its the tallest you can get - i.e. less revs per mph. People are looking for them, but imho they are too tall unless you have a nice powerful engine!
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby NogE » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:37 pm

I'll update bay when iv done more in this area...let's go underside.. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Wed Aug 11, 2021 6:50 pm

More floor
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby DougT » Wed Aug 11, 2021 11:04 pm

The Wayfarer motor caravan was a series of slightly differing conversions originally by Bluebird Caravans and then by Caravans International (also known as CI Caravans) after a merger to form CI. CI also produced the Sprite traditional caravan which is why your plate says Sprite Wayfarer. (Google Sprite caravans and you will see the history). CI went bust in the 80s but was resurrected so continued to produce caravans and motor caravans.

Wilsons were a motor vehicle dealer based in Epsom, Surrey which also did motor caravans. But they used to add their own plate on to the motor caravans as my Dad bought one from them made by Dormobile and I remember the "Supplied by" plate.

Doug
DougT
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:18 am

MinorMatt wrote:I thought you were looking for one...

Its the tallest you can get - i.e. less revs per mph. People are looking for them, but imho they are too tall unless you have a nice powerful engine!

Thanks for offer Matt.... yes ,in the early days of my Resto I was considering going for more power...decided not to...thanks for asking
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:24 am

DougT wrote:The Wayfarer motor caravan was a series of slightly differing conversions originally by Bluebird Caravans and then by Caravans International (also known as CI Caravans) after a merger to form CI. CI also produced the Sprite traditional caravan which is why your plate says Sprite Wayfarer. (Google Sprite caravans and you will see the history). CI went bust in the 80s but was resurrected so continued to produce caravans and motor caravans.

Wilsons were a motor vehicle dealer based in Epsom, Surrey which also did motor caravans. But they used to add their own plate on to the motor caravans as my Dad bought one from them made by Dormobile and I remember the "Supplied by" plate.

Doug

Thanks for that Doug.....live hearing the history...you hv cleared up so many questions and now I can answer them myself..tops....
I'm looking for a screen printer to reprint them Sprite Wayfarer badges.....
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:32 am

Little tho very important things.....king pins done,new copper brake and fuel lines, leafs done at Paddington springs so New bushes, new dampers...great dealing with Ralph on them plus lots of other goodies...underside had odd patch repairs by previous owner..done well so I cleaned whole underside of any loose dirty or greasy areas and compressed sprayed with hammerite stonechip....New brake cylinders linings etc....heater box tottally stripped, new matrix..more follows..
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Fri Aug 13, 2021 9:03 am

Heater box rebuilt

I intend on keeping cab patina
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Sat Aug 14, 2021 6:45 pm

Sorry about the pics,,some post upside down
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:15 pm

Little update ....lots done, bay complete..wiring sorted..fuelines E10 hose...tho need to consider additives...
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby NogE » Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:22 pm

Mk1muttly....just wonna give you the finger here.....as I know your following this....get something positive going in yr life...stop hanging out with that cowgirl Fred...you know it makes sense... maybe consider handing some of the cash you stole from me and Paul back...yeah I know mine was only a grand or so but poor Paul..3gs I believe it was....yr a sad ****...oh.... I've got a life..building old fords...stop being a wonnabe....loooooooer.. :D
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Neil » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:26 am

looking good noge,,,, its sad you got scammed but there is a lot of rouge websites and forums out there who nick your cash for poor goods and advice :(
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby NogE » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:57 am

Mk1 & mk2 forum....met Andy mutley there...it's only him the ripped me off....he done it to paultransitmk1 too...3gs from him over couple of years....****ed his van and then refused to tell him were it was....Paul done Google earth searches and eventually found Fred's yard,got a flatbed and went to get it :oops: :evil: ....that bloke with bought him that van as a goal after getting through his two years of chemo...
Got me for about a grand 1100 to.....there are others....I told him I'm going to tell all..to everyone I can and I will....he's a thief..beware people..
NogE
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Neil » Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:46 pm

yes ive heard of that forum ,, nothing good tho :(
Neil v6
Neil
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby dumper » Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:15 pm

On the option of changing the diff when I had my mk1 v 4 it had a 5. Something to 1 when I fitted a 2 l pinto I changed the diff to a 4.62 and the fuel consumption dropped from 18 mpg to 15 mpg driving steadily I ended up putting the 5. Something back in it was a quieter and nicer drive but more expensive on the pocket.
MK 8 L4 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

PreviousNext

Return to Mk 1 & 2