*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sports Airfilter Cold Air Intake

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Sports Airfilter Cold Air Intake

Postby Clementine » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:18 am

Hello all,
I am new to this forum. I Live in Switzerland and have a 2litre petrol OHC MK2 Transit Camper van which me and the wife spent 1700hrs restoring renovating.

I would like to know if anyone has fitted a sports air filter (K&N) to their MK2 and if there was any visible performance improvement (wont be much on a camper but any extra horses is a plus) If yes do you know the correct article number, I can only find KNE-1210 which is for a 2.5Diesel from 1984 onwards, is this the same for my van, its the same style but size and function I am not sure on?

Secondly I was thinking about a home made cold air intake to the original air filter housing. Simply attach a hose to the existing air filter intake and attach the other end of the hose to the front of the grill, would at least get the coolest air from outside and not be taking the hot engine bay air. I am looking at this as I am off to Croatia in June and it will for sure be hot.

Any help on the above would be most appreciated....
Clementine

Return to Mk 1 & 2