FredTransit wrote: I can remember when the government said diesel is better for the environment than petrol, now they are saying the exact opposite! If it's true that diesel is bad for the environment, then surely the damage has already been done, all those years we we polluting the atmosphere and being told it was OK.
My post has nothing to do of what the government imposes... It's just about thinking about the future of our planet and try to do the best, and not just what is obrigatory...
-I really think that old transit's, as well as other older cars, are great polluters. If I can do something to diminish such impact, I'll for sure try it.
FredTransit wrote: As for the catalytic converters, there are large parts of Easten Europe being completely ruined but the chemicals used in the production of cats. But that's OK cos its not here. And don't even get me on the amount of pollution being put out of factories in China, India and even the USA. whatever we do to supposedly help is just spitting in the wind.
Well, it's NOT OK for me, even if it's far...
Unfortunetly, I can't do nothing about Eastern Europe being ruined by chemicals or about the China, India and USA polluting factories.
However, I CAN DO some other things that might help, even if lots of people around the world doesn't know, doesn't want or doesn't care to do them.
In fact, I will feel better with myself, if I just know that I'm not another citizen undervalueing the future of our planet...
FredTransit wrote: whatever we do to supposedly help is just spitting in the wind.
"Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." ~ Edmund Burke
MRspivvy wrote:This IS possible. unlikely to be cheap though, you can fit an older style 2-way catalyst, people have even fitted these to 2-stroke trabants
-Older style catalyst's are much different from new ones?
-What is "unlikely to be cheap though"? Any ideas of prices of this parts?
-Anyone was fiited one to an old Transit?
