*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk2 2.0 '85 Questions???

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Mk2 2.0 '85 Questions???

Postby Urquattro » Thu Sep 14, 2023 12:42 pm

Hi all from Sweden!, first of all thank for letting me join the community, I just got a Ford Transit Mk2 SWB 9 seater '85, the van has been sitting outside for 20 years, I got it from a relative. I really like the van, I think it would be super cool with some wider steelies and a bit lowered. It's got some rust, but most of it has been fixed, however there is still some small areas that needs attention, and of course all the consumables such tyres, seals, etc.... According to the owner the engine was upgraded to a one with 100hp, and the prop shaft is missing, I assume the original one didn't fit after the new engine, not sure which engine could be? I need to do an assessment first and see if it's really worth it, but I'm really excited with the proyect, I also have more classic vehicles. The van is white and red, was that something available back then? Also, I'm missing both bumpers and the interior panels, any tips? thanks in advance! I will try to post some pics of her.
Urquattro

Return to Mk 1 & 2