*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


sliding door at drivers place

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

sliding door at drivers place

Postby realklaus » Thu Jan 31, 2008 9:12 pm

Hey guys,

I just had written a short introducing under "welcome".
I have a little problem with my sliding door at the drivers place (excuse my English please, I'll give my very best)!
The rubber gasket is not there anymore. Is there a possibility to send me a foto, how the sliding door is gasketed to the front and back side and to the under and upper side?
That would be grate!
And perhaps a foto with the profile of the rubber gasket, for that I can rebuilt it somehow.
If there is any shop, where I could get a new one, also tell me.

I hope you could understand what I wanted to ask.

The best wishes and thank you very much,

Alex
realklaus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby FredTransit » Fri Feb 01, 2008 2:30 pm

Good luck with your search for a rubber seal. Parts for the sliding doors are very hard to come by. Can you post a picture of what you are looking for? You need a free account with http://www.photobucket.com. Full instructions on how to post pics are at the top of each gallery.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
User avatar
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist
 
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 am
Location: London

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby wardy-uk » Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:36 pm

You could always put normal doors on it, I have been told that is easy to do. If you want ill swop you a normal door for your sliding door? :wink:
wardy-uk
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:31 am

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby transitgeoff » Fri Feb 01, 2008 8:42 pm

transitgeoff
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6574
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:32 pm

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby realklaus » Sun Feb 03, 2008 6:30 pm

thanx for your answers!

I don't want to change the door, 'cause I like the sliding thing, and it is not often seen in germany. It would be great if someone could send me an email or post a foto of the front and back rubber seal at the door.

I can post a picture, where to put the rubber seals, but I don't have them - that's why I am looking for new ones ...

The link is nice, thank you, but I need a picture with the profiles of the rubber seal, otherwise I wont know, wich one I should take.

Thank you for your replies!

Best regards,

Alex
realklaus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby Trinny » Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:16 pm

Alex, try Motomobil site for possible seals
And images
User avatar
Trinny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby realklaus » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:12 pm

I've already tried, but thank you.
They don't have anything about the sliding doors, nether pictures nor anything else. As I sad, they're very rare in germany...
realklaus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby wardy-uk » Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:57 pm

If you give up on that door let me know and ill do you a swop for a very good condition normal Mk 1 door.
wardy-uk
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:31 am

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby Trinny » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:33 pm

Hows this:Image
User avatar
Trinny
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 151
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2007 9:33 pm

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby realklaus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:47 pm

PERFECT!
That's what I am looking for. Can you send me this paper via email to realklaus@hotmail.com ?
Is there another page, were the sizes and length are notified?
Thank you very much for your held and your replies!

Alex
realklaus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby wardy-uk » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:50 pm

realklaus what bit of rubber is you want? ill take a photo of mine for you if its any good?
wardy-uk
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:31 am

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby realklaus » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:07 pm

I need the numbers 2 and 3, that are the rubbers. I would also need number 8 and 9. Number 8 is something I can't explain in english, but I think you know, what it is. Number 9 is just a little bit of rubber, but I would need it, too. Do you also have the rubbers for the window?

Thank you for your help. Can you post the picture here or send to my mail?

Thanks a lot! Alex
realklaus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby bazw » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:17 pm

#9 is a snap head rivet from the look of the drawing



and william this would be a door on the wrong side for you i am guessing
350L Series 56 plate
2.4 duratorq 115 ps
A.R. 4.27
User avatar
bazw
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2490
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:46 am
Location: sunderland

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby wardy-uk » Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:51 pm

Ill try get the pictures for you on Monday as im at work tommorow. Cheers for pointing that out Baz :wink:
wardy-uk
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 3366
Joined: Fri Jan 26, 2007 10:31 am

Re: sliding door at drivers place

Postby realklaus » Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:20 am

Hello wardy-uk,

what about the pictures of your rubber?
Have already shot them? Can you send them to me?
Do you have them for sale?

See ya, alex
realklaus
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2008 7:09 pm

Next

Return to Mk 1 & 2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.