*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Another Mk2 bites the dust

Transit Mk1 & 2 Forum. All Transits 1965 - 1986

Moderator: Luke

Another Mk2 bites the dust

Postby tranorak » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:07 am

:( I got offered bits off this van earlier in the week. The bit I really wanted was the rustfree roof panel but my buddy had already mushed it down with the hiab to hold it on his wagon. :x And the chain through the doors technique had bolloxed it :twisted:
I know It looks like a rough old farm van but weirdly NOT RUSTY (well apart from the bonnet :roll: ) Good steps, chassis legs, back end, excellent roof and scuttle. Very straight NOT DENTED side panels (ply lined :wink: ) not even needed the rear arches replaced :shock: Bit of tidying here and there and this would be a very nice van.. But hiabed :(
He said a restorer chap had offered money for it even with the hiab damage, but the front axle is promised to stock-car builders. They are happy to pay £50 for front axles these days, apparently its getting hard to find a Mk1 or 2 transit!
Also the 2lt pinto was a good'n and theres always buyers for pintos.
This van drove itself up to the hiab :(
This van even had good tyres :cry:

And yes that is a Mk1 Escort van on the heap behind it, but that one deserved to die :lol:

Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
tranorak
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:37 am
Location: Devon

Re: Another Mk2 bites the dust

Postby Luke » Fri Feb 15, 2008 12:47 pm

those side panels would be ideal for a minibus to van conversion :D
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 44563
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: Another Mk2 bites the dust

Postby tranorak » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:56 pm

But they are in the jaws of death right now.. about to be weighed in. :(
Get down here to Devon with your generator, extension leads, angle grinders etc etc and crack on with it :lol: or if the price is right I am sure he will deliver :?
User avatar
tranorak
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:37 am
Location: Devon

Re: Another Mk2 bites the dust

Postby FredTransit » Fri Feb 15, 2008 9:07 pm

never mind that, HOW MUCH FOR THE WHOLE VAN??? It's better than the one I have outside I can't decide to break. The next time I see you I will slap you, I am convinced you do this just to p1ss us all off...... :D
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
User avatar
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist
 
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 am
Location: London

Re: Another Mk2 bites the dust

Postby tranorak » Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:57 pm

Nah Fred its like I say ~ The dude has promised the front axle £50 to his buddy who builds stock cars and he has a buyer for the pinto too so he refuses to sell the whole van but as its you and I am mighty scared of a slap I will try him again tomorrow and see what he says. What if he has chopped the engine out already?? That will be a GASAXE job I warn you :shock: So lets do the maths ~ he says its £100 just weighing it in, not sure if that is the weight with or without front axle & pinto blah blah.. Well I will ring him anyway. How much shall I offer on your behalf or just give him your number or wot?? Scapmen are not very sentimental I have noticed :lol: while I was there he had a lovely modern car hanging on a chain, popped the fuel tank and gallons of WATER poured out "So Thats why it wouldn't run" he says laughing "Sabotaged" Looked like someone had pissed off their neighbour or something. Anyway back to the Mk2 - I will see what can be done alright :?
User avatar
tranorak
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:37 am
Location: Devon

Re: Another Mk2 bites the dust

Postby tranorak » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:20 pm

:cry: Ok Fred, re rescue of that Mk2 panel van ~ i just spoke with the chap & he says nobody is gonna give him what he wants for it so it will be scrapped, thats £50 for the axle, £100 for the engine and £100 weighing in the rest ~ so we're talking £250 :shock: you wanna pay that :?: I asked about having the side panels off it and thats a No No due to he wants to fill it with rubbish for the weighing in. Vans get several cars flatted and rammed in them usually plus any other stuff lying around gets tidied up. Sort of a rear loading skip idea :( Sorry :cry:
User avatar
tranorak
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado
 
Posts: 149
Joined: Sat Oct 01, 2005 12:37 am
Location: Devon

Re: Another Mk2 bites the dust

Postby MRspivvy » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:40 pm

buggrit. I'dve had them side panels. anyone else breaking a van?
MRspivvy
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee
 
Posts: 720
Joined: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:23 pm
Location: WALES

Re: Another Mk2 bites the dust

Postby FredTransit » Sat Feb 16, 2008 3:15 pm

If I got it I might have to break it too, cos of the roof damage. I am tempted for all the bits, much as I would hate to.
A Transit is for life, not just for Christmas. http://www.a2ecommercials.webs.com
My galleries - http://a2ecommercials.webs.com/apps/photos/
User avatar
FredTransit
Mk2 Trannyist
 
Posts: 17470
Joined: Fri Mar 11, 2005 4:34 am
Location: London


Return to Mk 1 & 2



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.