Transitmania 12 @Santa Pod 15th to 17th May 2020


North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Once an event has gone it will be moved into here for further comments and feedback!!

Moderator: AlanN

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby mealic » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 pm

Shame, it did start to sound a bit promising , but it seems like Robs mate is a bit 10/1 when it comes to understanding the word "no". But then we already new that!!
Image

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:32 pm
Location: East Sussex

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby g-man » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:42 pm

last word from me.........had we been a Lambo forum i'm sure we would have been ' accommodated '
User avatar
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12387
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm
Location: Matlock.....ish

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby mealic » Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:46 pm

g-man wrote:last word from me.........had we been a Lambo forum i'm sure we would have been ' accommodated '

I think that that comment is a bit unfair Mick. We have been accomodated well in the past. It`s not Maitland Racings fault that restrictions have been made.
Image

`04 2.3 petrol/LPG
mealic
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4168
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 10:32 pm
Location: East Sussex

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby g-man » Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:15 am

thats my opinion ali.......u have yours
User avatar
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12387
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm
Location: Matlock.....ish

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby Altransit » Sat Jun 24, 2017 10:27 am

g-man wrote:last word from me.........had we been a Lambo forum i'm sure we would have been ' accommodated '

Mick, you're getting old and cynical, just like me :P :lol:






But you could well be right :?
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
User avatar
Altransit
Site Moderator
 
Posts: 33120
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 12:23 am
Location: Bicester, Oxfordshire, UK

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby Luke » Sat Jun 24, 2017 1:03 pm

yes lets be fair Tony and maitland racing have been spot on with us 8) he's a transit driver himself :D - it wasn't his fault it was cancelled it was due to local residents complaining over the noise :evil:

There is nothing stopping us going back next year

no real point in writing negative comments he might read them and think we are ungrateful :idea:
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby g-man » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:11 am

if you don't want genuine thoughts or comments you might aswell shut the forum down luke
User avatar
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12387
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm
Location: Matlock.....ish

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby g-man » Sun Jun 25, 2017 9:13 am

Altransit wrote:
g-man wrote:last word from me.........had we been a Lambo forum i'm sure we would have been ' accommodated '

Mick, you're getting old and cynical, just like me :P :lol:






But you could well be right :?


we probably see it as it is al......you're right tho' about the cynical bit :lol:
User avatar
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 12387
Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:13 pm
Location: Matlock.....ish

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby psv-hgv-flt » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:41 pm

g-man wrote:nothing on their site or facebook about it being cancelled

I am just too fast for them...lol
User avatar
psv-hgv-flt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: lincolnshire

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby psv-hgv-flt » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:43 pm

transitandy wrote:
mealic wrote:It is definitely off for July 30th. This is for everyone, not just us. One local complainer to a spineless council it seems.

Gutted is an understatement :cry: as I always look forward to this :roll:

me too.
User avatar
psv-hgv-flt
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 4616
Joined: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:13 pm
Location: lincolnshire

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby transitandy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:22 pm

Luke wrote:yes lets be fair Tony and maitland racing have been spot on with us 8) he's a transit driver himself :D - it wasn't his fault it was cancelled it was due to local residents complaining over the noise :evil:

There is nothing stopping us going back next year

no real point in writing negative comments he might read them and think we are ungrateful :idea:



Hold on :arrow:

If threre's nothing stopping us going back next year why have they stopped us this year :!:

Also them poxie locals might complain again next year :?:

We are not ungrateful to Tony and Maitland racing we are pi$$ed off :wink:
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
User avatar
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 17804
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Essex...

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby Luke » Mon Jul 10, 2017 10:43 pm

transitandy wrote:
Luke wrote:yes lets be fair Tony and maitland racing have been spot on with us 8) he's a transit driver himself :D - it wasn't his fault it was cancelled it was due to local residents complaining over the noise :evil:

There is nothing stopping us going back next year

no real point in writing negative comments he might read them and think we are ungrateful :idea:



Hold on :arrow:

If threre's nothing stopping us going back next year why have they stopped us this year :!:

Also them poxie locals might complain again next year :?:

We are not ungrateful to Tony and Maitland racing we are pi$$ed off :wink:
the whole meeting was cancelled not us attending it :)
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby transitandy » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:09 pm

Your reply may answer one question but should we look for somewhere else incase they complain again next year :roll: :roll: :)
TRANSIT M8, SAY NO MORE YOUR IN...... FORD THROUGH TO THE BONE......
User avatar
transitandy
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 17804
Joined: Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:10 am
Location: Essex...

Re: North Weald - NOW CANCELLED

Postby Luke » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:42 pm

if someone wants to organise another drag meet they can :idea: then we'd have 2 :D - we'd still have north weald unless it gets cancelled all together

the whole idea with the forum is anyone can organise a meet and post it on here :D
User avatar
Luke
Site Admin
 
Posts: 42426
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2005 12:53 am
Location: Rotherham, Yorkshire!!

Previous

Return to Past Events and Shows



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

croncroncron