*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Fuel injection pump timing

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Fuel injection pump timing

Postby AlmightyRick » Sun May 09, 2021 2:00 pm

I have recently had my Bosch fuel injection pump reconditioned and replaced the timing belt at the same time. everything was pinned and marked off before it came apart. I've put it all back together with marks all matching up and turned it by hand to see that they stayed there... But the van now runs very load from the intake/ air box. I've heard that the engine turns twice for a complete cycle could it be that the fuel pump is one turn out? And is it possible to only turn the fuel pump. It seemed pretty stiff when I got it back and I've heard it shouldn't turn by hand
AlmightyRick

Re: Fuel injection pump timing

Postby Chug » Sun May 09, 2021 10:18 pm

If the pin holes in the flywheel, camshaft and injection pump all line up then everything is in the correct position, it will need fine tuning using the four bolts in the centre of the pump pulley, they have elongated slots to allow movement.

You wont turn the pump by hand it will need a spanner and some pressure to overcome the pumps cam lift.
1991(J) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
1994(L) twin wheel tipper 2.5di
Chug
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits