*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Engine swap - recon Turbo 2.5! Could do with some advice plz

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Engine swap - recon Turbo 2.5! Could do with some advice plz

Postby soulysurfer » Thu Dec 02, 2021 1:03 am

So I've finally put in the Rconditioned 2.5 turbo into my smiley (1998). it had the regular non turbo (banana) which I took out. This was running fine, but I wanted a bit more power and a not so leaky engine!
I got all the bits that aren't on the original engine - new injectors, rocker arm, pipes & ancillaries.

Mechanic has been very good at working it all out and got it running pretty sweet! The only thing is - a few things have come up that have us scratching our heads! Any help would be much appreciated.

1) Neither reverse light or speedo are working, but the cables are connected to the gearbox. Fuses aren't blown and there doesn't seem to be a 12v feed going to them.
2) The weighted clutch arm/lever fork is vibrating against the bell housing where the weight goes through the hole. Can't work out why - it wasn't doing this before, but it has had a new clutch fitted.

3)Anyone want to buy a banana engine? I have video proof of it running well just before removal!

Thanks!! :D
A man with a Van is like a Beaver with a log.
soulysurfer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Engine swap - recon Turbo 2.5! Could do with some advice

Postby Keef » Thu Dec 02, 2021 10:48 am

soulysurfer wrote:1) Neither reverse light or speedo are working, but the cables are connected to the gearbox. Fuses aren't blown and there doesn't seem to be a 12v feed going to them

Check the cables haven't been pinched between engine/gearbox/fuel pipe bracket at top of bellhousing.
Keef
MK3 Massive

Re: Engine swap - recon Turbo 2.5! Could do with some advice

Postby soulysurfer » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:37 pm

Cool will check thanks!
A man with a Van is like a Beaver with a log.
soulysurfer
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits