Hello Transit drivers,
We drive a MK4 (Ford Nugget, '96, 2.5 TD, 63 kW).
My problem: The lever for the hood opening no longer holds on to the metal of the hood, keeps falling off when operated and just hangs on the hood. Please see the photos. Does anyone have an idea how to reattach the lever permanently but still moveable so that it can be used for leverage?
My idea: use a flat chisel to hammer the opening, which protrudes slightly upwards at the edges, back a little to make it smaller. Then try to push/hit the lever in at an angle.
I'm not sure whether I'll cause more damage that way. So my question is: does anyone have a better idea or has someone solved this problem themselves professionally?
Many thanks in advance for your help, Carsten
P.S. If my English is slightly awkward, sorry for that. I`m not mother tongue.


