*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Steering pump location Banana engine Mk4 1993

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Steering pump location Banana engine Mk4 1993

Postby Seabhac » Sat Sep 07, 2024 11:30 pm

Hi, I'm wondering is there a video on the net of someone changing the PS pump or somewhere I can get part number for a powersteering pump for a 93 Transit with a banana engine. Also is ATF good for power steering fluid?
Seabhac
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:45 pm

Re: Steering pump location Banana engine Mk4 1993

Postby dumper » Sun Sep 08, 2024 3:13 pm

Have you tried YouTube but if not slacken off bolts for ajuster and pivot bolts remove drive belt removed the two pipes and then remove the bolts and lift out the pump I used ATF in my mk 3/4/5 transit.
2025 MK 8 L3 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
2015 MK 8 L4 H3 motorsport campervan
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6407
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Steering pump location Banana engine Mk4 1993

Postby Seabhac » Tue Sep 10, 2024 8:57 am

Thanks dumper,
I just got the van home. Ive been searching YouTube, Nothing specific to this actual year came up but its not a a huge difference in the following years or the previous, Ill just have to get it out before I order another to identify it correctly. Ill have a closer look now and get some ATF into it.
Cheers.
Seabhac
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:45 pm

Re: Steering pump location Banana engine Mk4 1993

Postby dumper » Tue Sep 10, 2024 6:34 pm

I did fit a mk5 full system to my mk4 the only real difference was hoe the reservoir was fitted under bonnet I had a choice at the breakers yard the pump was not the one for the rack I got I’m not sure if they ran different pressures between the years or different pipe work if you look for a used one make sure the fittings on the pump are the same as yours.
2025 MK 8 L3 H3 Motorsport campervan
Past camper vans
1974 mk1 v4 with 2.0 pinto fitted
1986 mk3 2.5 di swb
1990 190 lwb 2.5 di
1998 100 lwb 2.5 di
2006 350 jumbo 135 tdci
2015 MK 8 L4 H3 motorsport campervan
dumper
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 6407
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:56 pm
Location: Lincolnshire

Re: Steering pump location Banana engine Mk4 1993

Postby Seabhac » Fri Sep 13, 2024 10:04 pm

I just had a closer look, it looks like the pump is fine. The pipes are wet. I need to have a look from a pit to see better. The pump is quiet now that I got some ATF into it.
Seabhac
Transit Fan
Transit Fan
 
Posts: 15
Joined: Sat Sep 07, 2024 9:45 pm


Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.