*NOW BOOKED FOR 2026* Transitmania 17 @ Santa Pod 17th to 19th July 2026 *ALL DETAILS HERE*


Interior opening to side door?

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Interior opening to side door?

Postby Trojan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:04 pm

OK, I bought an ex race-van (already got bunks in etc), but realised there is actually no way to open the side sliding door from the inside, so if you are sleeping in the bunk, you would have to climb out over the drivers/passenger seats to get out, once you had shut the door. Is there a way to alter this door, so that it opens from the inside?
TIA.
Some people say I am stupid... I never realised I was that clever.
Trojan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Rotherham, S. Yorkshire

Re: Interior opening to side door?

Postby MrMPuk » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:17 pm

MrMPuk
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist
 
Posts: 27856
Joined: Sat Mar 26, 2005 7:50 am

Re: Interior opening to side door?

Postby Trojan » Tue Dec 22, 2009 2:46 pm

Doh! Sorry, it's a Mk4 LWB (K reg) semi-high roof 190D.

I guess it started out as a pure van, as it has no windows in the door, or rear of the vehicle.
Some people say I am stupid... I never realised I was that clever.
Trojan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Rotherham, S. Yorkshire

Re: Interior opening to side door?

Postby dodgy01 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:52 pm

well that all depends on what is missing just go to a scrappy and compare what you need
usually the handle/ cable brakes
good luck
dodgy01
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:32 pm
Location: braintree essex

Re: Interior opening to side door?

Postby Trojan » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:23 am

Thanks Dodgy01 - it's actually me that's a stupid idiot!! I looked again at the door to find a large handle on it, 12 inches above the lock, on the edge (where it should be!) - it's just I am completely blind, and couldn't see it for looking! (In my defence, it's a black handle against a very dark blue paint job, with dark grey carpetted doors.... scrap that, no defence, I am just stupid!).
Some people say I am stupid... I never realised I was that clever.
Trojan
Transit Addict
Transit Addict
 
Posts: 89
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:54 pm
Location: Rotherham, S. Yorkshire

Re: Interior opening to side door?

Postby dodgy01 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:06 am

glad u sorted it
dodgy01
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic
 
Posts: 2332
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:32 pm
Location: braintree essex


Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.