





vanmanloki wrote:new floor has just arrived, Big thanks to Tim (dieselhead123) for sorting that out for me![]()
i cant wait to get the old one out and start to clean the underneath


Glad it got there safe mate, will be good to see your progress, not fitted one of these myself as yet, probably not long until I do though, oh the pleasures of Mk5 ownership
![]()
TIM


OMG WOW!!!!!
I now so wish I had bought that doing mine![]()
![]()


vanmanloki wrote:OMG WOW!!!!!
I now so wish I had bought that doing mine![]()
![]()
hey just think, if either of us had thought of it before hand, we wouldn't of had to spent hrs chipping away all that sound deadening![]()
![]()
![]()
but i don't think you have any worries with your floor its solid


vanmanloki wrote:Glad it got there safe mate, will be good to see your progress, not fitted one of these myself as yet, probably not long until I do though, oh the pleasures of Mk5 ownership
![]()
TIM
to be honest, I've never done anything like this before at all, so fingers crossed it all work out![]()
i hope to get the old floor out tomorrow. So far i have removed the spot welds on the top of the outer rear cross member, and cut each end. the plan is to peel it back just far enough to gain access to the floor, i don't really want to take the whole thing off if i don't have to.
I'll take some pics tomorrow before i go any further. Having the floor there will help a great deal in taking off the old one, cause I'll have a better idea what to look for now, more so with the wheel arches, as i wasn't sure how they were fitted, but now i think i have it figured out![]()
pleasures of Mk5 ownership indeed, its an adventure


I bought mine Jan 2012, & never had even looked under a bonnet before either, of any motor, all my knowledge gained since joining in think Jan 2012, is either self taught or learnt via members on here.
I learnt how to weld via Youtube, lol 100% TRUE













vanmanloki wrote: only it didn't come out so polite![]()
but its not that bad, drilling the spot welds is easy enough, the problem is....finding them.

AlanN wrote:vanmanloki wrote: only it didn't come out so polite![]()
but its not that bad, drilling the spot welds is easy enough, the problem is....finding them.
Arh, welcome to my world![]()


dieselhead123 wrote:You are doing a fine job there.
What type of spot weld drill are you using? The type like a hole saw or the milling cutter, personally, I find the latter best.
I have purchased a stock of these, 6, 7 and 8 mm diameter, I was thinking that now I have tested then for quality, or offering sets of 3, one of each size, to forum members.
Which ever type you are using, get a small pot, like a spray can top, put a bit of engine oil in it and dip the cutter in the oil each cut, they will last longer.
Keep up the good work
TIM


Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits
Users browsing this forum: No registered users
This site contains affiliate links for which we may be compensated.