*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Improving several aspects in Mk5 Transit Motorhome + images

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: Improving several aspects in Mk5 Transit Motorhome + ima

Postby Bulletguy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:01 pm

tgferreira wrote:It is quite unstable and not very fast..

It won't be......and isn't really built for speed either! Look at what your engine is having to push through the air...a large big overslung top above the cab. Also the rear wheels are set inboard of the van body which in heavy cross winds will give an unstable feeling. Ford did a wide axle variant which solves this but i think it's only on later model vans.

As for engine type, the direct injection gives better mpg than the TDi....not to mention the cost of replacing a knackered turbo particularly if goes kaput in country miles away from home.
Bulletguy
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby P4t » Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:19 pm

tgferreira wrote:
vanfox wrote:The bolts for the steering pump bracket are really a pain to fit, clean the tapped holes out before you fit the bracket.

You reminded me that I need to purchase the bolts.

Does anyone know what thread they are? M8, M10, M12?? :)

They are M10 1.5 just like the engine mounting bolts, as said ^ you will need to clear them with a tap if the holes haven't been used before, as I'm sure most competent people on here know anyway it's really good workshop practice particularly with blind holes.
P4t
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby tgferreira » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:20 pm

P4t wrote:
tgferreira wrote:
vanfox wrote:The bolts for the steering pump bracket are really a pain to fit, clean the tapped holes out before you fit the bracket.

You reminded me that I need to purchase the bolts.

Does anyone know what thread they are? M8, M10, M12?? :)

They are M10 1.5 just like the engine mounting bolts, as said ^ you will need to clear them with a tap if the holes haven't been used before, as I'm sure most competent people on here know anyway it's really good workshop practice particularly with blind holes.

Hey!
I did not know it was good practice to clean holes with a tap. I've purchased one today and If I manage to get my hands on the support today, I'll do it.

I have found what that piece I don't know what is (but that it is connected to the hydraulic suspension) touches into: It presses a level on the rear brake proportioning valve. But why??? I think that small piece should be moving and if the pressure gets to high, the pin "goes up" and presses that lever. I just don't know exactly why... Is it to stop the motorhome from moving if the pressure gets to high? To brake if the speed is high and we hit a bump (pressure increases in an instant and it brakes)??? I honestly have no idea...
tgferreira

Postby garror33 » Fri May 20, 2022 11:30 am

Hi tgferreira

I have just purchased a new 1992 ford transit motorhome, like your MH it has manual steering. I would like to talk to you about your power steering conversion project if that is okay.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
garror33

Postby nandobarreto » Wed Aug 16, 2023 10:36 pm

tgferreira wrote:
gotgcoalman wrote:Blower motor
I think that the speed controller resistor must be burnt but I cannot find it. I looked attached to the blower but it is not there? Where should it be?
94 transit the resistor should be in the engine bay beside driverside headlight on a RHD. :D :wink:

Found it! :D The pins were broken. I'll try to solder them again to see if I can get it to work again without spending money on a new part :) Corrosion was what killed it. Thanks!
MK3Di wrote:Okay,take a look its from Germany
<span class="skimlinks-unlinked">https://www.rennsportshop.com/media/images/org/image_SL-A0006_0.jpg</span>

Hi! do you mind to send me a picture where is it? I have the same problem on mine and didnt find it.
nandobarreto
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Previous

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits