*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

MK5 Engine Woe's

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Re: MK5 Engine Woe's

Postby Transittim » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:11 am

So, I haven't had much of a chance to look into this and just been pretending it doesn't need addressing, but this morning I noticed as it was taking quite a while to kick over that diesel was dribbling out from the pump before it kicked over (which took maybe 20 sec) but then when it spluttered into life the rate dropped down to a drip every few seconds, does this help shed any light on what the issue is likely to be, I would rather address the one actual issue first up that several others first trying to figure out what it is.
Transittim
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby rebuilder86 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:15 am

here dood
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fuel-Cutoff ... Swxg5Xxmp3

So no one is addressing the elephant in the room, the cold start issue, which is almost certainly the glow plug system at fault.
rebuilder86
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bambi mk 1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:31 am

rebuilder86 wrote:here dood
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Fuel-Cutoff ... Swxg5Xxmp3

So no one is addressing the elephant in the room, the cold start issue, which is almost certainly the glow plug system at fault.

Would the elephant be a white one :?: Glow plugs on a di ,now theres a thing :lol:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rebuilder86 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:14 pm

sorry stupid mistake, im not a diesel expert, but I dont think i deserved the cocky response, you could jus correct me like a civil human.
Isnt there any kind of cold start system?
I believe there is and just assumed it was glowplugs. it must be a fuel heater or something like that.
This website seems to be a bit dicky at the moment, but one of these items :
https://ford.7zap.com/en/transport/93/6 ... 039/65231/
rebuilder86
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bambi mk 1 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:39 pm

rebuilder86 wrote:sorry stupid mistake, im not a diesel expert, but I dont think i deserved the cocky response, you could jus correct me like a civil human.
Isnt there any kind of cold start system?
I believe there is and just assumed it was glowplugs. it must be a fuel heater or something like that.
This website seems to be a bit dicky at the moment, but one of these items :
https://ford.7zap.com/en/transport/93/6 ... 039/65231/

Better to be cocky than be a clucking hen https://www.urbandictionary.com/define. ... king%20hen :mrgreen: Grow up :wink:
On the sixth day God created a Sprinter on the seventh he gave it away and bought a TRANSIT
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Jim Archer » Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:54 am

Stop solenoid is a generic Bosch VE job, try a VW spares place.

Jim
Mk7 140 Jumbo - Vantunered.
289,000 and counting.
Jim Archer
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby rebuilder86 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 1:45 pm

grow up?? wow
doesnt this engine have a cold start system?
https://ford.7zap.com/en/transport/93/6 ... 039/65232/
rebuilder86
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bambi mk 1 » Fri Sep 07, 2018 4:26 pm

rebuilder86 wrote:grow up?? wow
doesnt this engine have a cold start system?
https://ford.7zap.com/en/transport/93/6 ... 039/65232/

Doubt an Aussie Transit will have one of those as the were fitted for Santaland ,do you still believe in him :?:
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby rebuilder86 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:01 am

sorry but what is with the consistent degrading comments? no one is laughing or joining in. You knwo people on the internet are real? we are real people, not bots here to make you feel better about yourself by just taking crap. im trying to help and think logicaly about it and eliminate potential faults.
anyway fair enough, so there is no system which affects our australian transits in terms of making them easier to start from cold?
rebuilder86
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby bambi mk 1 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:12 am

rebuilder86 wrote:sorry but what is with the consistent degrading comments? no one is laughing or joining in. You knwo people on the internet are real? we are real people, not bots here to make you feel better about yourself by just taking crap. im trying to help and think logicaly about it and eliminate potential faults.
anyway fair enough, so there is no system which affects our australian transits in terms of making them easier to start from cold?

Good idea to do a search on the net or under the bonnet before posting :idea: It dosent help posting about something that dosent exist :) There are people about that plant feathers thinking they will grow chickens .
bambi mk 1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Transittim » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:29 am

I pulled the stop valve out and tested it and it wasn't working, managed to get a replacement locally (at a premium) but the big/bad news is that there were metal pieces on the plunger, so looks like I am going to be in need of a new pump. Has anyone got a Bosch pump for the TD lying around?
Transittim
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby tsargy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 4:35 pm

Good evening to forum, from Greece.
I would like to ask something:
Who could write me the spare part number from the plastic water pipe for petrol 2.0 ford "smile" 1998;
It is a plastic tube that ends at the bottom of the thermostat. I point it in the pictures (as far as possible)
If you could tell me an address to make an online market ...
Thank you very much
tsargy

Postby Transittim » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 pm

Transittim
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cherniy_chack » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:19 pm

rebuilder86 wrote:

NO,NO,NO!
The serviceable Ford Transit MK3..MK5 engine runs perfectly without a candle to a temperature of -5 degrees Celsius.
If at a temperature of +5 degrees Celsius you have to turn the starter for a long time, the cause of a bad start can be in the wear of the motor or the wrong timing of the injection, late injection.
A staff electric flare device (candle) switches on at a temperature below -5 degrees Celsius.
If the hot engine starts well, despite the leakage of fuel, then I indicated the reasons for this start-up.
If the hot engine starts badly, then you need to find and eliminate the fuel leak.
Find and eliminate the leakage of fuel in any case.
Frequent leakage points along the shaft of the gas lever and on the joint of the injection pump housing and the steel dividing head of the plunger pair.
cherniy_chack
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Transittim » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:06 am

Anyone??? I got a conversation kit from dieselhead123 a few years back (have tried to contact him but no joy) as I am not sure if all bosch mk5 pump's are the same/interchangeable. Its progressed from a drip to just short of pissing out.
Transittim
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

PreviousNext

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits