*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk5 2.5 turbo underpowered

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

Mk5 2.5 turbo underpowered

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:39 pm

Have recently fitted low mileage turbo engine to my tipper engine was from an automatic camper have removed all Lucas epic parts fitted a Bosch 145 pump with a 70ps inlet manifold Have used this set up before and was really pleased with the difference it made however this time around it is gutless I’m down to 1st gear on hills Any ideas on what’s wrong have changed turbo as was Chinese now got genuine kkk fitted I have timed it a few times as does sound loud (diesel knock) ? Still no different have done valve clearances still nothing I have some bigger injectors 100ps is it worth fitting them ? Currently 85ps injectors fitted only other thing is it smokes (blue) on start up Could this be related ? I was thinking valve oil seals ?

Any help appreciated
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!

Re: Mk5 2.5 turbo underpowered

Postby gotgcoalman » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:42 pm

Did you see/hear the engine running before putting it in your shell?

Have you tweaked the fueling on the Bosch pump?

Using underated inlet and injectors will cause a bottle neck power wise,although not to the extent you describe.

blue smoke :(
ne m'écoute pas je suis plein de merde.
A house without a dog is like a forum without a BJT.
Too bloody quiet :shock:
gotgcoalman
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:13 pm

I never heard engine running but from condition of it you can see it never done no hard work the original inlet was still silver inside hardly any carbon build up only reason for the 70ps inlet was easier and simpler to use with the cable throttle body I will try adding a picture I’m still thinking timing?? as just converted my Luton from epic to Bosch in same way and runs sweet Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You only need two tools in life: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD-40. If it moves and shouldn't, use the duct tape.
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!

Postby 100ps_drw_hicube » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:16 pm

I haven’t tweaked the pump yet but again didn’t tweak pump on my Luton and runs nice no smoke ? Really stumped as this must be the 6th epic conversion I have done and it’s the only one that’s not running right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
100ps_drw_hicube
Transit Abuser!!

Postby cherniy_chack » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:06 pm

Hi,100ps_drw_hicube!
In your photo, I do not see the thrust from the fuel pump to the damper on the intake manifold. :(
I correctly understood that the motor has a turbocharger?
If there is no turbocharger, then the engine will work noisily, loudly, smoke and will be low-power.
If there is a turbocharger, then it was necessary to leave the intake manifold from the turbo engine, muffle the USR, a couple of chokes and not think about the air damper-in the turbo engine it is always open.
For an atmospheric engine with a turbocharger installed the best nozzle will be an atmospheric jet with a red mark 33706, but this is not necessary.
Any injectors work well.
But furbo-foxes on the atmospheric motor should not be set-they are shorter by 2 mm and the nozzle atomizer will be recessed into the channel in the head.
There will be poor fuel dispersion.
cherniy_chack
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby xavifv » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:14 pm

Hello,
It is my first time that I write in this forum.
I have problems with my EPIC pump and I have to convert the BOSCH pump conversion. I only find the bomb with reference Bosch 0460414150 624-4. Can I install this pump?
Thanks
xavifv

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits