*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

mk4 td 100ps engine wanted

Transit Mk3, 4 & 5(smiley front) Forum. All Transits 1986 - 2000

mk4 td 100ps engine wanted

Postby wildmanmk2 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:46 pm

HI all out there , I hope you dont mind but joined this cool looking club to hope that someone can come to my help , its a long story so not sure if you want to here it as its a heart breaking one with regards to my van mk4 , but in a nutshell I was the amazing new owner to her last year she has a custom paint to say the least . I decided to hire her out as I had bought 2 vans in the same week last year (another long story ) anyway to justify having 2 vans to the wife I made the decision to hire her out The Barramundi via quirky campers are you still with me so far .

Well turns out the first booking i get to hire her out the guy picks her up late Friday night and takes her all the way to Scotland but somewhere the first night the engine alternator bolt sheered off and pushed the rod back into the oil filter and pierced the top of it to which the oil started to leake out , the next day he checked the oil level and could not read it as didnt see any on it , so rather than put some in continued to drive over 200 miles telling me later that no oil light was on , till the next day when the light came on and also a loud banging noise when he started it , the big end has gone . So as a result I have a knacked engine that needs replacing Ijust thought that this forum would be a good place to start my quest .

Thanks in advance out there in transit land . :D :D
wildmanmk2

Re: mk4 td 100ps engine wanted

Postby mrepson » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:10 pm

where are you at, what area :?: got a smiley td engine,
mrepson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby wildmanmk2 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:15 pm

hi there mrepson thanks for your quick reply i am based in Mansfield area can you please tell me tell more will it get me very far , your engine .
wildmanmk2

Postby MinorMatt » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:48 pm

I have a good TD mk4 short engine. No ancillaries etc, head is off (but with it). Its in my way - but its a long way from you in Sussex!
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby wildmanmk2 » Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:53 pm

Hi again many thanks for your reply and offer . I need the full engine as I suspect the turbo has gone as it smokes badly . I am going to look at a engine at the weekend is there any way of checking it to see it is the 100ps type if it's not on the cam belt cover . It's a old 94 abulance so suspect it's a lwb model so should be the 100ps am I right oh and I think it may have around 240k miles on it do you know what these engine's are capable of doing . Thanks
wildmanmk2

Postby mrepson » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:25 pm

wildmanmk2 wrote:hi there mrepson thanks for your quick reply i am based in Mansfield area can you please tell me tell more will it get me very far , your engine .

it came out of a v reg.its a good runner,& the very rare 115ps engine,i broke the van up for parts,& took the injectors out for another van,but you can fit your fuel pump, & injectors etc,i have afew engines,so will sell one,
mrepson
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Mk 3, 4 & 5 - Second Generation Transits